New products--alligator clips with teeth
Free bottle cap tutorial/instructions--sealing bottle caps
New products--3' star grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/40yd-solid-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New products--hip scottie III
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/24pc-inter-daisy-hb-cmb.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:18

Default Tnt

After reading and seeing all the beautiful work that you have done using the TNT system, I broke down and bought it! I can't wait for the templates and the instructions are printing as we speak! WHOO HOO
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 10-13-2008, 12:27

Default Re: Tnt

I really like mine. I think my bows are coming out so much better. At first, I was not sure if I liked the instructions for the twisted boutique using the templates. I have tried a couple more times and really like the results. It takes a little practice for the twisted boutique but once you get it, it's really easy.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:30

Questions...I'm new to bow making... Matter of fact, I have tried plenty of times and just did not like them. Can you girls make a lot of bows using TNT...How many per hour..I hope that is not a stupid question?
Old 10-13-2008, 12:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmettogirl View Post
Questions...I'm new to bow making... Matter of fact, I have tried plenty of times and just did not like them. Can you girls make a lot of bows using TNT...How many per hour..I hope that is not a stupid question?
Because I amke so many bows for my booth, I have a process of how I make the bows....
First I cut all the ribbon, then heatseal, then sew them all, then so forth and so forth. Does this make sense?

I can sew about 50 and hour....of course that is with no interuptions. Twisted...b/c that is the one I make all the time....

HTH
renaie
Old 10-13-2008, 04:07

Quote:
I've never timed myself per hour. I only make bows when my kids let me. I may sit and make two bows or just work on them for 5 min. Whenever they are playing quietly, I can sneek away to do bows.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:18

thanks for the feedback ladies!

I haven't timed myself making regular bows, I might have to do that once I get the tnt.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:19

I just purchased the templates from TNT and printed the directions until my ink ran out. I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow to go purchase more ink. Now I need to wait on the delivery...I sure hope it doesn't take too long for shipping. It makes total sense to cut the ribbon, heat seal and then sew. I'm trying to make bows for my daughter's school holiday market. I'm on a mission now....
Old 10-13-2008, 04:35

Quote:
I just purchased the templates from TNT and printed the directions until my ink ran out. I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow to go purchase more ink. Now I need to wait on the delivery...I sure hope it doesn't take too long for shipping. It makes total sense to cut the ribbon, heat seal and then sew. I'm trying to make bows for my daughter's school holiday market. I'm on a mission now....
She will get them out tomorrow I am sure of it. She makes a trip to the PO every day...Today is a holiday so she can't go today...I love making them like an assembly line...they go much faster I think. Another tip...if you use UB ribbon (which i use both Ub and schiff) I starch the ribbon before I sew because it is not so flemsy...does this make sense???? Hope you get lots done....
Old 10-13-2008, 04:40

Where do I purchase the UB???
Old 10-13-2008, 04:45

Quote:
Where do I purchase the UB???
They have group buys on here, but I buy from the company b/c i usually buy $50.00 worth everytime. They are 50 yard rolls mostly solid colors only....some other ribbon too.
I am sending you an email...
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg