150-forum-ads
hip girl boutique ballet dance gymnastic skating bun cover rhinestone hip girl boutique 40pc grosgrain ribbon wrapped 2 inch snap clips barrettes hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows clips
hip girl boutique 18pc grosgrain mini bow tie hair bow clips for baby infant toddler women adult
hip girl sparkle glitter headbands for dancing ballet stage cheerleading girls women high school college
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3in-spike-bows-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:57

Default Re: Is this just MY luck (RABOM)

I have never had the problem with the ribbon being taped together from Rabom but I have that happen with rolls from UB. I have 2 large rolls of hot pink from RABOM now i am wondering if this is going to happen with mine. One time they sent me 25 alligator clips instead of 100. I emailed them telling them I needed them ASAP because I was perparing for a show and I had them in 3 or 4 days.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2009, 11:17

WOW!
I can't believe what I am reading. I usually order from TRR too, but have placed a few orders with Rabom. In my last order, I had a taped roll. It was at the begining, so not that big a deal at the time. I also got a faded roll too. I thought it was just me! I will not order from them again! Also, after I placed one of my orders, I wanted to change the size I ordered. I emailed them just a few hours later and never got a response. They just shipped what I paid for and never even got back to me.
I have never had a problem with TRR, when they have 'messed' up, they never asked me to ship the item back. They told me to keep it and sent the right one out immediately. They are out of ribbon a lot though!.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:51

You all are making me nervous...I just ordered from them last week but I haven't received my order yet. I hope everything is ok. I live overseas and I can't get ribbons on the economy.

Can anybody tell me what TRR is? Or post a link? TIA!!
Old 02-20-2009, 02:31

trr = theribbonretreat.com

I LOVE TRR. I've never had a problem with them before. Well, one time I was missing a roll, but I e-mailed them and the same day they shipped another roll. I have given them so much business in the past year and a half I really love them. BUT to those who have said sometimes they run out of ribbon... yes that is my only gripe with them. I'll have a list of stuff and they'll have like half or 3/4. It's really obnoxious when I have to make several orders because of the shipping. but other than that they are really helpful....
Old 02-20-2009, 04:50

Well, I have actually ordered from them several times and this has never happened to me.

The Ribbon Retreat (theribbonretreat.com)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gr8girls View Post
You all are making me nervous...I just ordered from them last week but I haven't received my order yet. I hope everything is ok. I live overseas and I can't get ribbons on the economy.

Can anybody tell me what TRR is? Or post a link? TIA!!
Old 02-20-2009, 08:12

I have the same exact problem, not just with RABOM but just about everywhere, I too make korkers with my 3/8 and there is so much waste :*( It really ticks me off too

as far as the fade, I havent had that happen to much, except with ribbon I buy from the offray outlet
Old 02-20-2009, 10:30

The taped ribbon doesn't have anything to do with the fact that it is from RABOM. that is just one of the things with ribbon. When ribbon is manufactured so many yards are done at a time. And then it is spooled. Yes, if a spool does not have enough on a run to finish it off they tape it and continue. ALL of the ribbon companies do this. the majority of the time you don't see it on 5 yard spools, but it happenes. Most of the suppliers I know of send a bit of extra on the roll if there is a splice in it. Same thinngs for inconsistencies. They have no way of knowing if there is a mark or faded spot on 100 or thousands of yards of ribbon.

RABOM make thier own ribbon and TRR buys it to resell, that's why the price increase. It's still RABOM's ribbon. I'm sure they geet ribbons from other places too though.

Hope this helps explain something.
Mika
crochet headband crochet beanies baby boutique hair bow

Last edited by mmosser; 02-20-2009 at 10:35.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:39

Why do you have so much waste? There's no reason not to use it....I make tons of korkers.....Just put a clothespin on it and finish rolling it on the dowel.

~~Life is what you make of it...if you're given lemons..what are you going to do with them? Complain? Or look at the upside and make delicious lemonade and have a beautiful day. Instead of everyone complaining all the time about every little thing that has happened to 'them' like the world is out to get you, make something good of it and just think how much better you will feel for having a happy thought instead of a grouchy one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessfancypants View Post
I have the same exact problem, not just with RABOM but just about everywhere, I too make korkers with my 3/8 and there is so much waste :*( It really ticks me off too

as far as the fade, I havent had that happen to much, except with ribbon I buy from the offray outlet
Old 02-20-2009, 10:47

I haven't had any trouble from RABOM...Their prices are great and my stuff is always shipped quickly. If I end up with a sort piece of ribbon (which I never have) then I would just make something else out of it. Just my opinion.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:20

RABOM makes their own prints. The customer service is excellent. When there is something wrong with the ribbon, they are very good about sending a replacement. If they want you to send damaged ribbon back, they even send a postage paid label. They are great on returns. Their prices are great and the ribbon is good quality ribbon. They even guarentee no cuts in a 5 yard spool. If you get a cut in a 5 yard spool....send it back. They will replace it. Or call them. Same with any faded ribbon. They replace it. If you didn't get a response after emailing them....I'd email them again. My experience has always been very good. Even with lots of substitutions after placing orders. They are very agreeable with changes.

Last edited by bballmom; 02-24-2009 at 11:34.
Sponsored Links