http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/lined-alligator-clips-with-teeth.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-rainbow-chevron-ribbon.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/1-25-satin-DIY-mini-bow-combo-1.jpg
new product--crochet hat

1.5' 7/8' Zebra New Colors

New products--peony new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:55

Default Re: Is this just MY luck (RABOM)

I love Rabom but I ran into the same problem with the last order received. My 7/8 zebra print was taped and I couldn't really do anything with the 2 taped pieces. Also I ordered a cool retro looking print and I thought it was faded looking when I got it. Hope there are no more taped together pieces in the last batch of ribbon I ordered. They are the ones that get my repeat business.

Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 10-08-2008, 11:30

wow, I really thought it was just MY crappy luck. I wonder if they piss enough of us off they'll start losing business! :O I think I'll be mostly avoiding them after I get this last shipment in..... ordered some from the 20% basics sale.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:20

Oh geez, I wish I would have read this before I ordered last night I ordered alot of basic colors because of the sale but its my first time. I hope its not a bad experience!
Old 10-09-2008, 02:30

I just have to add that my sister who was making cheer bows for her team ordered zebra print ribbon in black and white. That is what she paid for. They sent her plain white ribbon. She called and emailed to no end. It took them 3 weeks to replace her 20 yard roll of ribbon!

I took shopped there since they were a bit cheaper than TRR..but after my last order which just ended up being a jumbled mess in a box when I opened it....I think I might go back to TRR
Old 10-09-2008, 03:18

I just ordered some ribbon from RABOM (second order) to make my daughter a bow for her picture day today. I still haven't gotten it, but it is my fault for not ordering a little bit further ahead of time. Now I'm worried what condition my ribbon is going to come in. I ordered some solids, swiss dots, and a few prints. I think I only ordered 5 yards of each, but hopefully it doesn't come faded.

My first order came missing a couple alligator clips and my white 7/8th's ribbon came with a black pen mark on it. I didn't bother to email because I wasn't too concerned about the missing alligator clips. I was a bit more irked about the black mark, but went ahead and used the ribbon anyway. It would have taken too long to replace it anyway.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:11

I have had that happen to me on 20 and 100 yard rolls
Old 10-09-2008, 10:39

I recognize your daughter's pic from GF, lol. She's adorable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabenmimismom View Post
I just have to add that my sister who was making cheer bows for her team ordered zebra print ribbon in black and white. That is what she paid for. They sent her plain white ribbon. She called and emailed to no end. It took them 3 weeks to replace her 20 yard roll of ribbon!

I took shopped there since they were a bit cheaper than TRR..but after my last order which just ended up being a jumbled mess in a box when I opened it....I think I might go back to TRR
Old 10-09-2008, 12:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleM424 View Post
Yikes! This isn't making me feel good! I just spent over $100 with them in the last week! Not to take away from you post, but I'm a bit miffed with them too. I won a free micro collection on their scratch off and have called an e-mailed them with no response!
I also won a free micro collection. I have called twice and still haven't received anything.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:59

This ticks me off! I just ordered a BUNCH of ribbon from there, and I usually always but from TRR. TRR shipping is SO Much faster, and something about RABOM just gives me a weird vibe.

I'm hoping my ribbon makes it here in one piece, and not faded. I will be one made woman if it's not!!
Old 10-09-2008, 03:10

I have never ordered from RABOM before but since they were having the 20% off sale I was getting ready to place a large order but this post kinda scared me. So I decided to write a quick note to RABOM to see what the deal was and if they were working on fixing it. This is the only thing I got back today:

Hi Holli,

I am not sure where you are getting your information, but it seems like it may be from some not so happy people. Thanks for letting us know.

Alisha

I wasn't writing just to let them know...I wanted to know if they were planning on fixing these problems....Oh Well : (
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg