printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 10-04-2008, 10:13

Default cutting corkers

What is the best way to cut and seal corkers? I have cut and heated with a lighter, and cut with a wood burner. What is the best way to hold the corker ribbon open while you cut it with a wood burner? I am finding it hard to keep the curls seperated and cut with a wood burner without maring up the some of the sides of the ribbon, do'es that make any since?
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 10-04-2008, 11:56

Default Re: cutting corkers

As many threads as you've responded too, you should know that!! Just do a quick search.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:25

I have been lovin this place, plus I wanted to get to that 100 post rainbow, but sadly I still have to wait, haven't spent my 30 days yet. I have learned so much is such a short time. Like I said, "I am Lovin here.
Erika
PS, I still haven't found an easy way to cut and seal corkers yet.

Last edited by sykomommie; 10-06-2008 at 04:25. Reason: missed spelling
Old 10-10-2008, 08:56

I cut mine with a roller cuter thing and them seal with the flame from a candle.

Danielle
Old 10-10-2008, 09:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by sykomommie View Post
What is the best way to cut and seal corkers? I have cut and heated with a lighter, and cut with a wood burner. What is the best way to hold the corker ribbon open while you cut it with a wood burner? I am finding it hard to keep the curls seperated and cut with a wood burner without maring up the some of the sides of the ribbon, do'es that make any since?

I use a wood burner to cut korkers and hold down the curled ribbon with a pair of ordinary household tweezers. I cut between the two "prongs" of the tweezers while pressing the ribbon down on a flat, heat-resistant surface/cutting board. You could use small kitchen tongs, or an alligator clip held in the open position - anything that gives you a space to cut in between. Having the space keeps the woodburner from inadvertantly hitting the parts of the ribbon you don't want cut, and it's a lot safer than holding the ribbon down with your fingers, in my opinion.

HTH,

MichelleB
Old 10-11-2008, 09:23

Thanks Girls, I really appreciate the tips. I think I am going to try the two prong alligator clip idea.
Thanks again,
Erika
Old 10-11-2008, 10:28

thank you for the tips..I haven't tried the woodburner yet.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:08

Thanks for the ideas of the double alligator clip. I was using 2 clothes pins and it seemed too bulky and time consuming.

Nikki
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg