Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:35
-Michelle-

Default Gator Bite

Is it worth it?

Last edited by -Michelle-; 11-26-2007 at 09:52.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/appletati.png
Old 11-26-2007, 05:07

Thumbs up

I loooove mine!
Carter 5
Abby 3

www.mybellaboutique.com

www.mybellaboutique.etsy.com

Old 11-27-2007, 09:19

Okay, I watched a video of this last night and I am sold. I totally want one. If I don't have to fold my creases and this tool does it for me, that would save so much time. I am considering...
Old 11-27-2007, 09:31

Honsetly, I don't like mine. I just can't get a good 3 crease. It will do a double crease do problem. I just like the 3 crease look a lot better and I don't want to use organza to tie off my bow plus it slows me down and then not to get the right crease makes me want to throw it across the room. If anyone would like it I will sell it to you cheaper than what I paid for it. I use the my alligator clips to hold my baby mini bows and I like the crease I get better.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbland View Post
Honsetly, I don't like mine. I just can't get a good 3 crease. It will do a double crease do problem. I just like the 3 crease look a lot better and I don't want to use organza to tie off my bow plus it slows me down and then not to get the right crease makes me want to throw it across the room. If anyone would like it I will sell it to you cheaper than what I paid for it. I use the my alligator clips to hold my baby mini bows and I like the crease I get better.
good to know. I read the other post about using the large clip from Sally's. I am going to go buy that and try it today. I also like doing the 3 creases, but I can't get it myself. The largest ribbon I like to use is 7/8 and it is hard to get 3 creases. Hopefully the clip will work!
Old 11-27-2007, 10:15

Oh, one more thing. Do you have to use organza to tie off the bows with the gator bite??
Old 11-27-2007, 10:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainsleymallory View Post
I have never tried one. Sometimes having a third hand would be nice. But I sew mine not sure I like the idea of tying them.
how do you sew yours? Do you weave it through and then pull to make creases??
Old 11-27-2007, 02:10
-Michelle-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbland View Post
How much would you be asking for it??
Old 11-27-2007, 04:24

So I went out today and bought the big clips from Sally. It came with 4 in a pack for $2.39. I tried it just like the gator bite and it worked awesome!!! So easy and so fast and looks just like my other bows that I hand creased. On my 7/8" ribbon it does only 2 creases (all I can do anyway), but on the 1 1/2" it did 3. If my camera was working (batteries are dead and I can't find the darn charger - I am losing my mind) I would take pictures. I am so excited. This will make things SOO much faster!
Old 12-10-2007, 07:30

I love the Gator Bite.... the new design is more like a actual gator clip being made of plastic now instead of wood...

I use the 1/8 grosgrain or satin or whatever is cheapest to tie it off.

I also found that when you go to do the intial tie off instead of looping the ribbon once (like when you tie your shoes) you instead loop it 2x it holds the inital knot better and will give you 8 out of 10 a 3crease...

hope this helps anyone thinking of buying one... my sill tried to teach me to fold an crease and sew by hand method....I got the fold part no problem.... the crease part PISSED me off

frustrated I went cruzing the net and found the gatorbite... I bought it on a whim.... played with it for a afternoon and took a bow that I made the previous afternoon to my SILs...needless to say she was a little amazed that I made a perfect bow... then I showed her the gator bite... she palyed with it for a couple hours.... I didnt get it back till hers came in the mail 2 weeks later
Sponsored Links
silk flowers