Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:35

Default TOTT, TNT, HANDS - Used them all!

I hope this is the right spot for this thread. Mod, Please feel free to move it if it should be in another category.

I got busy last night and did all these using TOTT, TNT and of cos my hands (and good ol' Gator bite). And just thought I would share them with you.

Yellow bows - These are made using 3 inch TNT templates. They are really easy to make.
Blue bows, 2nd image - I only managed to make 2 bows using the bow maker before I gave up. I ended up with ribbons everywhere (was trying to work off the spool), tangles and a mess.
Blue bows, 3rd image - These are the same bows I attempted using the bow maker, but decided to twist them by hands instead. It was faster and easier.
Loops, 4th image - First set of loops are done twisted boutique style. Second set uses TNT method. I tried to stack bows on them and they gave me surprisely, very different results.

Did them all under 3 hours with trials and errors.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010893.jpg (44.7 KB, 411 views)
File Type: jpg P1010896.JPG (74.8 KB, 294 views)
File Type: jpg P1010895.JPG (58.6 KB, 317 views)
File Type: jpg P1010897.JPG (61.4 KB, 339 views)
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 09-27-2008, 10:46

Default Re: TOTT, TNT, HANDS - Used them all!

Congrats, looks like your off to a great start.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:10
mom2girls

thanks for sharing i really like the first set of bows and have been trying to get them to come out like that by hand but can't seem to get it down right LOL
Old 09-27-2008, 11:21

Thanks for all that. Really makes me think I really really do have to break down and buy the TNT!!
Old 09-27-2008, 11:47

I am so sorry but I am new to this. I really hope I don't sound like an idiot but what does TOTT and TNT stand for?? Are they instructions, gadgets? Please help! TIA
Old 09-28-2008, 01:11

They look great. I just received the TNT templates yesterday. I have BBM, TNT and the Gatorbite(which I can't find) and I love them all
Old 09-28-2008, 08:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gconde View Post
I am so sorry but I am new to this. I really hope I don't sound like an idiot but what does TOTT and TNT stand for?? Are they instructions, gadgets? Please help! TIA
TOTT = Tricks of the Trade bowmaker purchased from the Ribbon Retreat.

TNT= Top Notch Template from nobownogo.com

Kimmi! Find LSB on Facebook
Old 09-28-2008, 09:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2girls View Post
thanks for sharing i really like the first set of bows and have been trying to get them to come out like that by hand but can't seem to get it down right LOL
You are not the only one. I can only get those you see on the pix by hand with fairly consistent results (and only 3 inch or more! LOL). The rest of the bows are a mystery to me till I got the templates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlecansofbeans View Post
Lovely job! I swear to do it all by hand! The last pic - I can see the difference - I have studied that = it really is all about the underlayer. The boutique does not give a flat surface - the figure 8 does.
Bingo! The flat surface allows the loops to cover the top bow nicely. I have 2 bows, same construction, but the loops are done both ways, and the end results is very different. Let me go find the pix and I will post it online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprylmp View Post
Thanks for all that. Really makes me think I really really do have to break down and buy the TNT!!
I am glad you found the pix useful.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:44

Thanks for sharing. I only have the Gator Bite.
I want to get TNT, but these days I have to watch what I spend.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:36

does the tnt really work.i want to buy something to help with ideas and even ness. i was looking at the tott and wanting to purchase, any ideas???