New product--flat back resin
Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Polka Dot Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-20x2yd Swiss Polka Dot
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/heatnbond-lt-ad.jpg
New product--frog grosgrain ribbon
New product--5/8' dippin' dots grosgrain ribbon
New product--pop dots

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:56

Default Re: TOTT, TNT, HANDS - Used them all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleufrogs View Post
I hope this is the right spot for this thread. Mod, Please feel free to move it if it should be in another category.

I got busy last night and did all these using TOTT, TNT and of cos my hands (and good ol' Gator bite). And just thought I would share them with you.

Yellow bows - These are made using 3 inch TNT templates. They are really easy to make.
Blue bows, 2nd image - I only managed to make 2 bows using the bow maker before I gave up. I ended up with ribbons everywhere (was trying to work off the spool), tangles and a mess.
Blue bows, 3rd image - These are the same bows I attempted using the bow maker, but decided to twist them by hands instead. It was faster and easier.
Loops, 4th image - First set of loops are done twisted boutique style. Second set uses TNT method. I tried to stack bows on them and they gave me surprisely, very different results.

Did them all under 3 hours with trials and errors.

You're not talking about the Brilliant Bow Maker right? I just bought that one a couple days ago.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2 View Post
does the tnt really work.i want to buy something to help with ideas and even ness. i was looking at the tott and wanting to purchase, any ideas???
TNT works for me.

I think it is really personal preference. I know some ladies who have successfully used TOTT bow maker, but I am hopeless at that. But their manual is great for ideas and inspiration tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoochieepooh View Post
You're not talking about the Brilliant Bow Maker right? I just bought that one a couple days ago.
I am still waiting for my BBM... international shipment takes quite a while. (Yes... I am nuts... I bought BBM, TOTT, TNT, but it was my birthday, I get to go shopping! )

I am sure BBM is great. I have read the reviews and everyone seems to love it!

Oops! Forgot to reply... the mess was with TOTT bow maker. Somehow, I just cant get it right. Even the sizes confuses me. Maybe it is just me. LOL!

Last edited by bleufrogs; 09-28-2008 at 10:42. Reason: Add-on
Old 09-28-2008, 11:13

Ok - now I guess I will have to buy TNT aw well. I have teh BBM and LOVE it!!! Perfect bows every time!!!
Old 09-29-2008, 10:37

oh great to many choices. ok what best for the easily confused bc that it so me. lol
Old 09-30-2008, 07:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlecansofbeans View Post
Lovely job! I swear to do it all by hand! The last pic - I can see the difference - I have studied that = it really is all about the underlayer. The boutique does not give a flat surface - the figure 8 does.
Here they are. 2 bows of the same construction, but the surround loops are made differently. I find flat loops less messy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2 diff loops.jpg (36.2 KB, 143 views)
Old 09-30-2008, 07:19

I have the BBM and love it. I just purchased TNT yesterday. I can't wait to get it.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:18

So the second bow is the one made from TNT then? If so, will it help me with my surrounds? I can't do them evenly and would love my bows to look like that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleufrogs View Post
Here they are. 2 bows of the same construction, but the surround loops are made differently. I find flat loops less messy.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:07

is there any coupons to use for the bbm from the pinkladybug?
Old 10-01-2008, 10:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chantilly View Post
So the second bow is the one made from TNT then? If so, will it help me with my surrounds? I can't do them evenly and would love my bows to look like that!
Hiya

No. TNT does not provide templates for the surround bows. But Devon did provide very clear and easy instructions on how to twist them. You can also find the instructions here. Free Instructions: Loopy Surround-a-Bow Surrounds Surround

Angela
Old 10-01-2008, 04:17

I made my own bow template, I took a plastic cutting sheet that I got from the $ tree, I measured how big I wanted the bow to be and cut the plastic wit a slit in the middle. I just wrap the ribbon around and sew up the middle.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults