Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:02

Default Cordless glue gun

Does anyone have a cordless glue gun? If so, how do you like it ? I was thinking about getting one but i would like some feedback first. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 09-23-2008, 03:06

Default Re: Cordless glue gun

It was a total waste of money in my opinion.... if it's the one I am thinking about. You can let it heat up and everything and then you CAN unplug and use it, but only for as long as it will stay hot. It made no sense to me. Now, if it is battery opperated or something then maybe it would be worth it
Old 09-23-2008, 03:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by preciousbows View Post
It was a total waste of money in my opinion.... if it's the one I am thinking about. You can let it heat up and everything and then you CAN unplug and use it, but only for as long as it will stay hot. It made no sense to me. Now, if it is battery opperated or something then maybe it would be worth it

Wow. Good to know. Now I will consider a battery operated glue gun. Any info?
Old 09-23-2008, 03:17

I agree, unless there is a battery operated one that I don't know about, the "cordless" feature is useless. It is no different than taking a regular gluegun and removing it from the electric socket...except that you don't have the cord. It holds the heat for a brief couple minutes, before it needs to be heated up again. Then again, if there were a battery operated one, I bet I would go through more batteries than it was worth.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:19

The one I have can be used for a minute or two, cordless, but it is more trouble to unplug the cord and plug it back than it is worth!
Old 09-23-2008, 03:26

A battery operated one would be great to take to shows, so you can work on things during slow times.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:37

There is a battery operated hot melt glue gun!!!! Amazon has it for $13.50.Unfortunately, there are no reviews It is one of the "as seen on TV" things. It may be worth a try. Does anyone know about this ? I think I will order it. I will let you all know
Old 09-23-2008, 05:24

I just replaced my glue gun. Apparently I left it pluged in one too many times. Anyway I have the adtech cordless. I love the thin nozzel. (sp) They also have a battery operated cordless but it was double the price and the nozzel was different.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:45

I LOVE MINE!!! I will have to see what brand it is, I don't know off hand. I have had mine for YEARS! I keep the base plugged in on my work table and just pull the glue gun part up to get it out use it and it stays hot for quite a few minutes before I have to put it back in. I save $ on glue this way too as it is not all hot and coming out all the time. Then when I am working it is one less cord plug I am dealing with at my work table.

lorisstylinghairstuf.etsy.com
Old 09-28-2008, 09:10

I have the Thermogrip C600 from WM! I love mine! I also just leave the base plugged up and put the gun on it when I need it! Mine stays hot for a long time!! I have had no problems with it and would hate to go back to using a glue gun with a cord! mine is a large size gun with a small nozzle- well worth the 13 dollars I paid for it!!!!

Sponsored Links