http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/lined-alligator-clips-with-teeth.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-rainbow-chevron-ribbon.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/1-25-satin-DIY-mini-bow-combo-1.jpg
new product--crochet hat

1.5' 7/8' Zebra New Colors

New products--peony new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 09-19-2008, 08:02

Default NoBowNoGo vs BBM

NoBowNoGo template sets are out! Does anyone have that? Do you like using it? Do you have BBM and NBNG? Which one do you like better?

I am torn between getting BBM or NBNG... I can only afford one. BBM looks great for stacking, especially with the different sizes available.

I need one that gives me perfect bows. I am anal. My loops have to be equal and even. I "dismantled" nearly all my mini bows last night cos I thought they were uneven. My sister think I am loopy! LOL!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2008, 09:34

Default Re: NoBowNoGo vs BBM

The templates from NBNG just came out last night so no one has them except a few people that tested them. I have the instruction book for them (which are wonderful) & the templates are on the way. I also have the BBM & really like it. I truly think it all depends on what you are wanting to do & your preference. NBNG has instructions for the boutique bows & BBM is coming out with those in the spring. I have my own strange way of doing things so I have to try all my options before I decide which one works for me.
This is kinda similar to asking about LAMBS vs TOTTS. Everyone will have their own preference for one over the other. I also have the TOTTS with the bowmaker & can only use that for certain bows.
Beth
I am not sure if this helps or makes it worse.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:10

I bought the no bow no go one yesterday so I have the instruction book but the templates have to be mailed. The instructions look excellent but I have no idea if it is similar to the brilliant bow maker because I do not have that. I don't sell bows but just make them for my girls but I think this will make bow making a lot easier and a lot faster.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:40

OIC. I didn't realised that it was only realised yesterday. I was thrilled to read that it was able to do so many variations of bows! Yeah... BBM only does one bow in 3 different sizes. But the bow samples from Karyn are so beautiful. I am so confused as to which one I should go for.

I do not have a bow biz as yet (I hope so, when my bows are more consistent in sizes), but I do make them for friends' kids and it is kinda embarrassing when the bows are lopsided.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:29

Here is where you can purchase TNT Bow Template Instructions . It still says coming soon on the home page but they are for sale.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:32

BBM has an actual book you can look at. That's really nice to have. I'm not a huge fan of ebooks.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:02

I ordered the TNT set last night.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:10

I liked the idea of the actual book vs the ebook as well, so I bought the BBM yesterday. I can't wait for it to arrive!
Old 09-19-2008, 08:11

I haven't received mine yet, but I have the ebook from no bow no go.. and the instructions are excellent. The best I've read so far and I have 3 different sets. They are easy to understand and super easy to follow.. I can't wait to get the templates.. I prefer books over ebooks too.. that's why I always print out my instructions and put them in a 3 ring binder.. The no bow no go instructions are photo filled and 126 pages so DH will have to print it off at work for me.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:33

I finally ordered the TNT last night too. It was just too tempting... templates to make every bows on her site. I have TOTT, love the ebook, hate the bowmaker. Like most of you, I print the pages out for easier reference.

I was unable to download the ebook though, despite 3 tries. Oh well... I will have to wait for Devon to help me out there.
Sponsored Links