New product--2.5' Zebra Printed Grosgrain Ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/peace-sign-grosgrain-ribbon-ads.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-volleyball-forest-green.jpg
New Instructions--How to make korker hair bow using a korker box hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows, hair clips, baby women, toddler, girl, adult, floral design, birthday holiday gift wrapping
New product--star ribbon for cheer bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:46

Default Re: Is this the latest thing or am I behind?

I tingle you are talking about the toggle headband. you can get the single hole toggle at walmart where the buttons are for about .78 for 2or 3 you just cut the ribbon abot 2 1/2 that what i do them for my daughter for she likes the ribbon long to hang out from under her hair and put them through the toggle you can also get them on ebay just look for toggles. you can also search for toggle headband here there was a thread here on them somewhere HTH
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 01-14-2009, 10:44

seems like you can just add silicone or carpet tape to make the headband from be a non slip
Old 01-14-2009, 11:37

There's another thread on this under "toggles" I think??? Anyways, check out bugalugbaby.com --they have alot of the toggle hairbands there. You can purchase the double-hole cord locks (cheap and without rediculous minimum purchases) at Surgical Scrub Hats Home Page or she also has an ebay site (thescrubhatlady...I think??) Anyways, I bought mine from her and they're great!
The hairbands are super easy--just stuff one end of ribbon in one hole and the other end in the other hole...voila--fully adjustable hairband. Tie knots in ends of ribbon to keep them from slipping out.
Good luck!!
Old 01-14-2009, 11:00

I would love to make some of these for me and my girls! Anyone know where to find some good instructions?

Thanks!
Old 01-14-2009, 11:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkypinkboutique View Post
I would love to make some of these for me and my girls! Anyone know where to find some good instructions?

Thanks!
Really you don't need instructions. I swear all you do is stick one end of ribbon in one hole and the other end in the other hold and slide the toggle up on the ribbon to tighten it. Easiest thing ever!!! I use a wire wrapping tool to make it easier to get the ribbon to co-operate (I happened to have one in the house..) You want the "bean-like" toggles--kind of an oval shape with 2 holes side by side. I'll try and post alink to scrabhatlady for you
Old 01-14-2009, 11:23

Smile Re: Is this the latest thing or am I behind?

did that work?...I just copied and pasted photo...hope so! Anyways Surgical Scrub Hats Home Page sells 100 for 10.99. Even cheaper in larger quantities. Hope ths helps!
Old 01-15-2009, 05:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliciaandbabies View Post
I feel goofy saying I sell hairbows when my hair is always just in some sort of sloppy half done ponytail with a plain ponytail holder and half the time not even washed or brushed before noon.
Thank goodness I am not the only one! I thought it was just me.... Sometimes it's even later than noon - and sometimes I just stay in my jammies all day...
Old 01-15-2009, 11:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabloswhim View Post
Really you don't need instructions. I swear all you do is stick one end of ribbon in one hole and the other end in the other hold and slide the toggle up on the ribbon to tighten it. Easiest thing ever!!! I use a wire wrapping tool to make it easier to get the ribbon to co-operate (I happened to have one in the house..) You want the "bean-like" toggles--kind of an oval shape with 2 holes side by side. I'll try and post alink to scrabhatlady for you

Oh, I get it! I'm a little slow. LOL! I was thinking the headbands were sewn from fabric. It's just ribbon, are you kidding me! That sounds simple enough!

Thanks!
Old 02-07-2009, 01:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmamaG View Post
seems like you can just add silicone or carpet tape to make the headband from be a non slip
I tried to add silicone, but it didn't seem to help.

Last edited by suncalgirl; 03-15-2009 at 12:56.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies