New products--alligator clips with teeth
Free bottle cap tutorial/instructions--sealing bottle caps
New products--3' star grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/40yd-solid-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New products--hip scottie III
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/24pc-inter-daisy-hb-cmb.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:03

Default ? about changing the nozzle of Aleenes hot glue gun

I had this gun for about 3 months and I love it, but yesterday after half an hour of using it, I decided I wanted to try out the flat nozzle. I followed the directions and made sure the stand is over the base, but no luck. The original nozzle won't come off. I also noticed the base turns when I turn the nozzle and I don't think that is supposed to happen. Any tips? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 08-12-2008, 10:15

Default Re: ? about changing the nozzle of Aleenes hot glue gun

Make sure it is heated up and my hubby had to use pliers to hold one part while he used the tool that came with it to turn the nozzle. Sorry I can't be of more help but I didn't see him do it. I know that you need pliers and the tool though! Sorry I can't be of more help!

Old 08-12-2008, 10:34

MIne had to do the same thing. He had to use pliers.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:38

pliers to hold the base and the little wrench to turn the nozzle...dang, don't burn yourself! (I think there could be some serious liability issues with this gun!)

ISO: manners
Old 08-13-2008, 09:38

Thanks! I'll try the pliers!
Old 08-13-2008, 11:44

I had the same problem. I read the instructions inside and out and followed them to a tee, but the thing did not budge. I was very frustrated, as this glue gun wasn't cheap and called the number on the package. I explained the situation and the guy told me that I had to use the wrench and pliers (not explained in the instructions). I tried it while I was on the phone with him and it still didn't work (and I almost burned myself). He said that mine was probaby faulty and that he would send me a replacement. About 2 weeks later, I got a brand new one in the mail. I still haven't tried that one, but I foresee having the same problem. My point is......if you can't get your one to work or you damage it by trying, then call the number and complain. They will send you a new one and you can either keep it or maybe even try returning it to the store you got it.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:16

Wow, I think yours may be defective. I just clamped the stand over the base, used the little tool that came with it and it came right off!
Old 08-20-2008, 10:09

The only problem was that the stand wouldn't hold the base tight enough. Through the suggestions of the previous posters (btw, thanks again!), I was able to take it off using pliers (well, I tried first, but then had to call my husband for help).

Old 08-20-2008, 10:29

I had the same problem with mine. I used pliers and the tool. I tried for a while and got frustrated with it and returned it to the store. I think I will stick with my little 2.00 glue gun from walmart.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.