New product--2.5' Zebra Printed Grosgrain Ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/peace-sign-grosgrain-ribbon-ads.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-volleyball-forest-green.jpg
New Instructions--How to make korker hair bow using a korker box hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows, hair clips, baby women, toddler, girl, adult, floral design, birthday holiday gift wrapping
New product--star ribbon for cheer bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:39

Smile Re: Anyone ever use this???

I am going to make one of those! That is great!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2009, 08:53

Default Re: Anyone ever use this???

does this only work with a certain kind of bow?
I think I am going to make this for my teeny bows, awesome idea
Old 10-28-2009, 12:08

For those of you that have the TNT templates, Devon actually has a template she made to make the bitty bows.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:10

SERIOUSLY!

STOP POSTING ON THREADS THAT ARE THIS OLD! The origingal date on this thread is 2007

we all understand the trolling old threads looking for ideas or cool pics or whatever there is some serious info on this board...but if you have a point to make about a thread you stumble on START a new thread!

or wow I was looking at old threads and came across one for tiny bows anyone have other ideas how to do them...

OR

for making tiny bitty bows check out TNT there is a template for it...

Last edited by Kg; 10-28-2009 at 10:15.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:23

Then from now on, all of us, put the date you are posting to whatever thread there is. As far as I knew, as I do not have time to sort and figure what is and what is not old or new, there is no way of knowing. Unless you have read every thread from day one of this forum, sorry to get upset, but it is upsetting to me to get yelled at for something I was only responding to. Like I said, I do not have time to search old/new whatever posts there are to figure our if it is a new one or one that is a thousand years old. Get over it, ok? Life is too short o worry about such pettiness.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:40

the thread date is right there in front of you...

top left corner...

thats what I look at when I open a thread.... you answered a thread that was answered by other ppl so all you saw was yesterday if you didnt bother to read the original first post.

the thing is alot of us are getting irritated about is the WASTE of time it causes us that use the new post feature

yea seems petty but some ppl are making a game of posting on old threads and it fills/creates all these "new posts" that are not new... it wastes time for some of us... and Im not the only one that feels this way Im just one of the more vocal ppl who will say something...

it is sorta one of those forum unwritten rules ...like introduce yourself... dont hash thread that are 2 years + old... its a courtesy thing... a create NEW conversation and discussion
Old 10-29-2009, 08:34

If you hold your cursor over the thread before you open it you'll see what the topic is and you don't have to open it. I save myself a lot of time doing this. It's ok Pat...........you didn't do anything wrong Just click out and on to the next one. I'm not a fan of getting yelled at either
Old 10-29-2009, 11:19

There are a lot of posts I do not read. I am totally not interested i what they say or a technique, whatever. There are new people joining groups and forums every day and even if a newbie has a new way or easier way to do something, then we all can learn from that. I have learned alot from these "old" posts.
I am the mod for a bow group and not sure any of the members are on that group. I do know the forum owner is. We get people asking questions all of the time. They have the option of asking the group, or they can search old posts. I tell them that when they join and I approve them. I can see where it gets annoying, but face it, you all were new at one time as well and probably are just as guilty as they are.
If the mods on here do not like it they can put a stop to it once and for all and do it without being rude. None of us know it all in the bow world and if you think you do, you have a lot more to learn. The basics are there, but there are always new things to learn. There are things I think I am proficient at making and othrs I have a lot to learn. We are all there, cuz not one person knows it all like I said.
I am leaving for out of town in a couple of hours and may not have access to a computer at all. If I can, I will check in and see what you all have to say about this. I will be curious. Well, maybe I will. But like I said, why worry about the petty stuff going on with this forum. Real life has enough going on. I come in here to learn and to relax. Life is too short. Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff is how I live my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maeve View Post
If you hold your cursor over the thread before you open it you'll see what the topic is and you don't have to open it. I save myself a lot of time doing this. It's ok Pat...........you didn't do anything wrong Just click out and on to the next one. I'm not a fan of getting yelled at either
Old 10-29-2009, 02:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibug View Post
I also had a hard time with tiny bows. I made some small bows using 3/8" ribbon. They are about the width of an alligator clip or smaller (maybe about 1.5" wide). It took me forever cause I couldn't get the cute fold in the middle and it would fall apart as I was trying to tie it. Anyway, somebody gave me an awesome idea. Before you are ready to make your cute creases use an alligtor clip (double prong) in the middle to hold it in place. Use a needle and thread and poke a hole in the middle of the bow. Bring the needle around the top and through the alligator clip and pull to make the crease! I poke my needle through once or twice again and tie! So much easier and now I can make them pretty fast...

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...tpink-exsm.jpg
I use a double prong clip also. Works great!
Sponsored Links