ribbon and bows and free hairbow instructions

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/peony-ad.gif
7-8 zebra and leopard grosgrain ribbon
New product--7/8' sister ribbon
Mini Pinwheel Bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 08-05-2008, 01:34

Default Interesting info on Magnatac

So I was reading about Magnatac on here the other day. I live in a small town and no one even carries Fabric-tac. So I got on the company's website to read about it. I sent them an email to find out where I could buy it so I was not running everywhere to try and find it. Here is the response I got from the company.

Hi Candi,
The best wat to buy MagnaTac is to buy it under our other trade name “FabriTac which is available at craft stores like Joann’s, Michaels, as well as at WalMart in their craft department.

Please let me know if you need anything further please let me know. I will be happy to assist.

Thanks and Best Regards,

David Meshirer, President Beacon Adhesives Co. Inc.

www.divadudsboutique.com
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2008, 02:11

Default Re: Interesting info on Magnatac

That's odd. One member said she couldn't pull the ribbon of the clip or was it off of something else? But with Fabric Tac, one can pull the ribbon off the clippy. If it's the same, then why MagnaTac doesn't hv the same strength as FabricTac...

Dang, and I almost got the MagnaTac. Of course, I can't get/find it locally 'cept for ebay.

...........................Nah,,... I'll believe that company until I try MagnaTac myself. Off to get one now *curiousity kills the cat*

ETA: Just bought one...will update when I rcv it. Maybe with more feedback from us girls to confirm that Magna-Tac is NOT the same as Fabric-Tac, we can correct the Mr President..lol...J/K

I'm not all that. I just like the last part.

Last edited by cynthia; 08-05-2008 at 04:21. Reason: oopssy..got the wrong member's name...sorry...
Old 08-05-2008, 02:59

I was blown away when I got the email because it was said that the ribbon was not able to be pulled off with the Magnatac. I also want to try it myself but have not been able to find it for less than 10.00 after shipping. Let me know what you discover when you try it yourself.

www.divadudsboutique.com
Old 08-05-2008, 03:21

I use both Fabri-Tac & Magna-Tac routinely. I personally can't tell the difference looking at them and the bottles don't give many clues (like ingredients). Some of my Fabri-Tac lined clips have held for a while but much later come loose, while none of my Magna-Tac lined clips have come loose, but there might be other factors to consider. The majority of my Fabri-Tac lined clips have held.

The Adhesive Selection chart on Beacon Adhesive's website lists Fabri-Tac as best for beads/gems, canvas, cardboard, fabric, leather, papers, photos, and wood. Magna-Tac is listed as best for beads/gems, canvas, cardboard, ceramics, fabrics, glass, leather, metal, and stone. But, elsewhere on the site, it says Fabri-Tac bonds glass and Magna-Tac bonds wood (and it says Magna-Tac bonds wood right on the bottle!). You would think that they would have the same indicators on the chart if they were the same product. But you would also think the company president would know what he is talking about .

MichelleB

Last edited by MichelleB; 08-05-2008 at 11:38.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:24

Candi...I went ahead and bought on ebay. Seller id: zipperstop but I requested for Priority so am hoping to get it soon, if not Monday...

wow...Monday is a long time to wait to experiment something...

ETA ETA :..lol...Just received an email from the Seller...it ships out tomorrow..yippeeeee...Shud rcv it by Friday...ahaks ahaks...lol...

Last edited by cynthia; 08-05-2008 at 04:51.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:12

I have both MagnaTac & FabriTac. To me the MagnaTac holds a little better, but not by much. I can still tug the ribbon off my clips with both.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:14

update...rcvd my Magna-Tac yesterday Gonna with it today and see how it goes.

.............If it works, I'm sticking to it (Hello Magna-Tac, bye-bye E6000). If it doesn't, at least I can say I tried it ... Will let y'all know: soon-ish.

Old 08-09-2008, 04:52

i use magnatac
Old 08-10-2008, 02:06

how do either of these hold up if the clip/bow gets wet?

curious...I may have to try it as well
Old 08-10-2008, 09:48

My end result: I'm saying "Hello & welcome back, E6000!"

I lined a clippy yesterday and tried to peel it today. Peeled right off (ribbon to metal). So, I'm back to using E6000 for that ribbon-to-metal part.

On the good side,

~ Works good (of course) for ribbon to ribbon.
~ I LOVE it for lining the 30mm snap clips.

~ Padded applique to ribbon

Conclusion: E6000 is back: as my BFF.

Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg