http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 08-10-2008, 11:35

Default Re: Interesting info on Magnatac

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiagirl View Post
Maybe you aren't using enough or allowing it to dry and cure completely. I just went to my craft box and got out one of the clips I lined with Magantac and could not get the ribbon off. I didn't like using E6000 because it discolors light colored ribbon and makes darks spots of darker ribbon.
could easily be... Will do another one and wait another 24 hrs. Was really hoping this Magna-Tac to work..lol..

~Updating tomorrow ~

oh.. eta: I did read the instructions on the curing...I lined it yesterday and peeled/tugged it today.

I'm not all that. I just like the last part.

Last edited by cynthia; 08-10-2008 at 11:52.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:56

so I've ordered two 4oz containers of magnatac from that ebay seller someone posted (thanks) but thought I'd best check michael's here today just in case...on ebay I paid $10 for two tubes (plus it's going to be about $5 shipping)...at michael's they had the fabritac 4oz bottle for $15.99 Needless to say I'll be buying from the ebay seller...even with having to pay some shipping. I nearly choked in the store....quickest trip to michael's ever
Old 08-11-2008, 10:33

oh Hailey,...15.99????? for a 4oz bottle? Now that's a shocker!..lol..Poor you....

Speaking about that... need to go tug out the one that I re-did yesterday with Magna-Tac...lol.. It's been more than 24hrs and I actually used more till the glue seeping out. So,..will brb...

back & eta: hmmm, i managed to pull the ribbon off the whole entire clip...ouch.. I guess my Magna-Tac is not *agreeing* with me...ugh!... lol...Ohwell on me then....

Old 08-12-2008, 01:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthia View Post
oh Hailey,...15.99????? for a 4oz bottle? Now that's a shocker!..lol..Poor you....

Speaking about that... need to go tug out the one that I re-did yesterday with Magna-Tac...lol.. It's been more than 24hrs and I actually used more till the glue seeping out. So,..will brb...

back & eta: hmmm, i managed to pull the ribbon off the whole entire clip...ouch.. I guess my Magna-Tac is not *agreeing* with me...ugh!... lol...Ohwell on me then....
oh darn!!! i read on here that magnatac wouldn't be able to pull ribbon off the clip so I bought 4 bottles online. This totally sucks! boohoohoo ... so everyone else uses e6000 for that metal part? I had 2 clippies come undone at that part after getting wet and after baby messed and tugged w/ it and I was hoping for a permanent solution! darn!!1
Old 08-12-2008, 08:13

don't be discouraged just yet... It's just me as for some, they can't pull 'em off the clippy. And, maybe you will hv better result. Keep us posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avt711 View Post
oh darn!!! i read on here that magnatac wouldn't be able to pull ribbon off the clip so I bought 4 bottles online. This totally sucks! boohoohoo ... so everyone else uses e6000 for that metal part? I had 2 clippies come undone at that part after getting wet and after baby messed and tugged w/ it and I was hoping for a permanent solution! darn!!1

Old 08-12-2008, 01:39

I am waiting on mine to arrive to give it a test. I will report back. should be here sometime this week.

www.divadudsboutique.com
Sponsored Links