printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 11-20-2007, 02:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel66 View Post
thanks rene-i pulled it all out and tried it again--i was doing all that--but thought maybe i was missing something--but still no luck i will take it back and try another one--i can see a metal piece that is suppose to grab the thread and bring it down--but it doesnt grap it until it has already pasted by--ive tried going fast, going slow and now luck. but thanks again!

oh the backing--i was going to try and make bibs!
Hopefully you will have better luck with another machine. Let me know how it goes. I think you could use vinyl or a flannel backed vinyl. It is usually on a big roll for you to make outdoor tablecloths with. You can also use a fusible fleece. One of my bib patterns called for fusible fleece.

Rene'
Sponsored Links

Old 11-20-2007, 06:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene R View Post
What are you monogramming/embroidering? Does this do this when you are sewing without the embroidery unit?

Rene'
It doesn't do it when I'm sewing. I am trying to monogram some grosgrain. I have stabilizer beneath the ribbon and solvy on top. The thread is just all inside my feed dogs and bobbin case...uggghhh!
Carter 5
Abby 3

www.mybellaboutique.com

www.mybellaboutique.etsy.com

Old 11-20-2007, 06:19

I'm not sure, let's trouble shoot. I will tell you how I monogram my ribbon and you can see if that helps in any way. First off I think you have probably already rethreaded your upper thread, if not do so for good measure and do the same with your bobbin. Make sure the bobbin is wound neat and clean, not messy. When you have your bobbin out take your can of air and blow out the bobbin area. I think the feed dogs are automatically suppose to drop when the embroidery unit is placed on the machine. Maybe take the embroidery unit off and then back on again to make sure the feed dogs are dropping. I use the hoopless method on my ribbon (quicker and easier for me). I hoop tear away stabilizer, spray it with HR5 temp adhesive and then pin the ribbon on to the stabilizer (make sure the pins are out of the way of the embroidery and the ribbon is straight- I have a cutting table with a large self healing cutting mat that I hoop on and I use the lines on it to make sure it is straight. You can so the same with a cutting mat or ruler). I have never used solvy on top. Do you see that this makes a difference? Let me know. Try that. If this doesn't work try floating another piece of stabilizer underneath. Also are you using 100% polyester thread?

Last edited by Rene R; 11-20-2007 at 06:22.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:34

Hi Rene,
I'm using coats and clark embroidery thread (the good stuff). I'm gonna try your suggestions...but first ...could you tell me how to get all this thread out of the feed dogs? You are so helpful!!
Carter 5
Abby 3

www.mybellaboutique.com

www.mybellaboutique.etsy.com

Old 11-20-2007, 06:53

Get your tweezers and small scissors and start pulling and cutting. This is the only way I know how to do this. Once while I was embroidering something, my item and thread got all eaten by the "feed dogs". I couldn't salvage it. I had to cut it out. Be sure and let me know.

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.