http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:57

Rene...Have you used your 270D for embroidery? Mine keeps pulling my upper thread into my bobbin case I've bought the expensive thread, using stabilizer, I just don't get it!!
Carter 5
Abby 3

www.mybellaboutique.com

www.mybellaboutique.etsy.com

Sponsored Links

Old 11-20-2007, 11:43

Yes, but it's been a long time. Look in the troubleshooting part of your manual to see if you can find any info to help you. Is it just getting tangled down in the feed dogs or are the bobbin threads coming through to the top? Check your tension setting make sure it is set appropriately. Set it to the default (maybe 4) I think it is marked with a dot on the wheel. Alao take the bobbin out and rethread it. Do the same with the upper thread. Is this happening on everything or just this one particular thing? What are you embroidering on?

Rene'
Old 11-20-2007, 12:28

wow thanks rene!!!

well--i cant get the auto threader to work--sometimes it takes like 20 times of pushing it in, taking it out-rethreading it and repeating--after about 30 times i gave up--i dont think it is working right--is there a secret to make it grab the thread and bring it down to the needle?? i have read and reread the manual--finally boxed it all up and will try again w/ another machine!

oh yeah--the stuff you put on the top-solvy-does it disappear into the garment and what do you have to do w/ the excess stuff

Old 11-20-2007, 12:53

With the auto threader apply even pressure and don't push it down too fast and make sure your pressure foot is up or it won't thread. Also make sure you have the thread going in the right direction (follow the arrows on the auto threader) or it won't thread either.

Solvy: Gently pull as much of the solvy off as possible without tugging on the stitches. I keep a spray bottle full of water and squirt water on it which makes it dissolve. you can gently blot with a soft towel after wetting it to expedite the removal. If you have time you can put the garment in the washer on the rinse cycle and that will remove the solvy (if you do this you don't even have to pull any of the solvy off). I usually don't have that much time. I'm usually spraying with water and then using the blow dryer to expedite drying so that I can get it shipped out One more thing the solvy will remind you of plastic wrap.

Cut Away: Once you are finished trim the cut away down to where there is a small margin around the design being careful not to cut the shirt or your stitiches. I have a pair of applique scissors that I use for this. One of the blades is flat and fat and the other is just typical scissor blade. The flat blade is what goes next to the shirt when cutting the stabilizer. This helps you not to cut the shirt.

Rene'

Last edited by Rene R; 11-20-2007 at 12:57.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:26

Hi Rene...it's getting tangled in the feed dogs. The bobbin thread doesn't seem to be affected. I haven't had it long, so all of the settings are still set to factory!!
Carter 5
Abby 3

www.mybellaboutique.com

www.mybellaboutique.etsy.com

Old 11-20-2007, 01:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennygoff View Post
Hi Rene...it's getting tangled in the feed dogs. The bobbin thread doesn't seem to be affected. I haven't had it long, so all of the settings are still set to factory!!
What are you monogramming/embroidering? Does this do this when you are sewing without the embroidery unit?

Rene'
Old 11-20-2007, 01:43

hey rene-you seem to know a lot of stuff so i am going to ask you this one--my mil bought this bib the other day and the back was this stuff that was plastic feeling--almost like table cloth stuff--but it had a design on it--it was a western theme--she said the name of it--but i forgot what it was called--do you know what i am talking about?

i tried everything w/ loading the thread--when i look inside the cassette spot--the metal thing that pulls the thread down isnt catching the thread as it passes by it. any suggestions--i have wasted soooo much thread bc i keep having to take it out and redoing it.

Old 11-20-2007, 01:53

rene--is this what i want and is this a good price?
http://www.fabric.com/notions-and-pa...itch-tear.aspx

and is this the stuff that goes on top--and it is only 12 sheets is that they way it comes?
http://www.fabric.com/notions-and-pa...tabilizer.aspx

sorry to be such a pain--but you are sooooo knowledgable!!! thanks

Old 11-20-2007, 02:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel66 View Post
hey rene-you seem to know a lot of stuff so i am going to ask you this one--my mil bought this bib the other day and the back was this stuff that was plastic feeling--almost like table cloth stuff--but it had a design on it--it was a western theme--she said the name of it--but i forgot what it was called--do you know what i am talking about?

i tried everything w/ loading the thread--when i look inside the cassette spot--the metal thing that pulls the thread down isnt catching the thread as it passes by it. any suggestions--i have wasted soooo much thread bc i keep having to take it out and redoing it.

I'm not sure what the backing you are talking about is. What were you thinking about doing with it?

With the thread cassette:
I am going to my sewing room to sit in front of my machine and go through the actions-we will not be defeated!

Turn the machine on. Is your needle all the way up? Push the button with the needle on to make sure it is all the way up. If it is all the way up when you push the button it will go down and stay there, just push it again and it will go up. Sometimes it appears that it is up, but it really isn't all the way up. Make sure the presser foot is up push the grey/beige lever up to raise the presser foot. Take the thread out of the thread cassette and replace it where the thread comes from the bottom of the spool on the front side (while you are holding it facing you). Slide the spool down into the cassette. Bring the thread up into the #2 position and let it hang there while you put the orange spool cap on top of the thread spool. Close the spool compartment. Take the thread that is dangling from the #2 position and follow the arrows across the top to #3 then down the side to #4, turn underneath (making sure it is in the groove on the bottom atop the silver bars) gothe the "felt" spot on the lower right corner and turn up and back to the left at #5 follow the arrow across to #6 making sure that you are going toward the left and under the #6 marked on the cassette. Now go up and around like on the diagram to cut your thread. Your thread should not have any slack in it. Place ithe cassette in the machine making sure that the thread by number 5 is direclty over the metal part in the sewing machine. Place your fingers on the grey pad on the top of the cassette and evenly push down to insert it (you don't have to push hard). The thread should go through the eye of the needle with a loop. Take a straight pin or a skewer (that's what I use-I'll tell you about it in anohter conversation, I take a lot of flack about my wooden skewer) and place it inside the loop that is through the eye to where the thread is straight. Take the end of the thread and run it through and under to the back side of you presser foot and let's hope your machine is threaded- it should be! It may sound like alot and as though it is difficult when it's really not. I just tried to be very explicit for you as to help you visualize what I am doing (it's that first grade teacher background). I remember having toget the hang of it.

Let me know.
Rene'

Last edited by Rene R; 11-20-2007 at 02:19.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:32

thanks rene-i pulled it all out and tried it again--i was doing all that--but thought maybe i was missing something--but still no luck i will take it back and try another one--i can see a metal piece that is suppose to grab the thread and bring it down--but it doesnt grap it until it has already pasted by--ive tried going fast, going slow and now luck. but thanks again!

oh the backing--i was going to try and make bibs!

Sponsored Links