5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 07-29-2008, 12:32

Default Re: E6000 - Love It!

Bought some of this on my latest outing to Hobby Lobby.....Can't wait to give it a whirl!
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 07-29-2008, 12:35
mom2girls

Quote:
Originally Posted by granna View Post
I like the smell I also like to smell gas lol
ugh i do not like teh smell of e6000 so i use it outside with a fan right in front of me and omg i hate the gasoline smell and the other gas as well
Old 07-29-2008, 01:54

I use E6000 for lining clips, gluing bow to clip (including the center ribbon that wraps around the clip) in addition to sewing. I use it to add bling, buttons, flowers; plastic, wood, and metal embellishments. I like to sew everything but when I layer, I add a little between layers for extra security. I have used it on the only two pair of flip flops I made and they are still fine. If I have an end that is not going the right direction, I use a tiny bit to re-angle and make that end go where it is supposed to! In other words, I use it for anything and everything ribbon related. And I am really looking forward to getting some with the new tip! For now, I use an ink pen cap to keep mine from drying out. I really have not noticed the smell that much, but always have a ceiling fan on. If I get some on my fingers, I wipe on a paper towel or tissue and have never had to use acetone to get it off. Actually, I use my finger to spread it at times. It is not as quick drying as hot glue, but if you don’t just glob it on, it gets pretty secure pretty fast. In case you wouldn’t tell, I really do like that stuff! Hey ~ I sound like an advertisement for E6000!
Old 07-29-2008, 02:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by granna View Post
I like the smell I also like to smell gas lol
OOOH! Me too! LOL. The old leaded stuff...

Anyways, about E-6000 (), I hated it at first, but I have now begun to appreciate that it doesn't instantly dry-gives me time to maneuver (which I need, thank you very much. ). I don't think the smell is as strong as I feared. My tube springs leaks though, so sometimes my glue is dispensed from the side!
Old 07-29-2008, 03:25

I read on one of my loops somewhere that the tube has changed. Apparently it is now in a tube that is easier to dispense. I'm thinking a tube with a nozzel??? Not sure.
I love the stuff too but only for things I am afraid will fall off, like resins buttons and such. Use it in a well ventilated area and away from your nose.

Old 07-29-2008, 04:06

I'm not sure whether I like it or not. I made such a mess with it last time that I am afraid to use it again!
Old 07-31-2008, 11:40

Smile Re: E6000 - Love It!

Hi everyone! Newbie here. I am about to open my first tube of E6000 and I was just wondering if someone could tell me if the tube dries up fast if you don't use it often (like super glue??)? I will only be using it a few times a month, and I do plan on keeping the top screwed on tight when not in use . Thanks!

~Mary
Old 07-31-2008, 01:14

I have had mine for some time now and do not use very often and it hasn't gotten hard yet!
Old 07-31-2008, 03:46

Good answer Lisa, b/c I bought 3 tubes on clearance for just $1.50 so I was hoping they would last me a long time.

Mary
Old 08-04-2008, 08:52

So i finally got to walmart, found the glue and purchased it yesterday. I can't wait to start trying it since i've heard so many positive things from you guys on this lol. Just to confirm, you can use these for attaching your ribbon to clips right? I looked at the bottle and it says it works with metal, so i would assume so lol
Sponsored Links