New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 11-07-2007, 08:06

Default Best Quality Ribbon and Clips

I am new to bow making and found this GREAT forum, you guys are so helpful! I was wondering who online sells the best quality ribbon and if there is a difference in hardware quality? I need to get some french barrettes and one one site I saw 2 kinds and one was almost double the cost of the other because it said they were superior quality. I need a small amount of supplies right now for my own use, so I don't mind paying more IF the quality is better. WDYT? Thanks!

Last edited by birmantaz; 11-07-2007 at 08:07. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links

Old 11-07-2007, 09:04

The french barrette's are made 2 ways, in the less expensive barrette, the center piece is removable...in the more expensive one, the tension bar is not removable. Not sure if that helps! They say the the one with a permanent tension bar is superior quality--I have yet to use the french clips--so I don't have advice from experience--sorry!
Old 11-07-2007, 09:10

The specific ones are the RABOM ones that I saw. Do you want the tension bar to be removable so it is easier to glue the bow, or am I thinking about another part? Also, how about the Grosgrain ribbon quality? I know that the 100% acetate is best, but very pricey, like $0.60 per yd for 3/8" solid! I have seen some really poor quality grosgrain from AC Moore, but I don't know what makes it so bad verses good quality and I don't want to order a bunch from a website that is not good quality, ykwim?
Old 11-07-2007, 09:23

The clips on RABOM are fine. I was so gald when mine came in, I was cringing everytime I was having to put a Hobby Lobby french clip on a bow. The quality lacks on the french clips from HL. Now on the ribbon, I will only use Offray and Schiff. Some colors such as red and black and lt. pink I will like using Offray because I think the colors are prettier than Schiffs red, black and Lt. Pink. I perfer to use Schiff White though, the offray white is not as white as Schiff to me. You will play w/ it and find what you like. I would recommed color charts though.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:21

Does Offray and Schiff also make printed ribbons? I did buy some really nice printed ribbon on ebay, (took a chance) but I don't know the maker...
Old 11-07-2007, 04:45

I personally like to use the clips that you can take the tension bar out. It really makes it easier to secure the bow to the clip. I have never had any complaints from people about there clips. You will find that some grosgrain ribbon is stiffer and thicker than others. Some is thin and very floppy when you are working with it. So I would go with what Mindy recommended when choosing ribbon. Glad you could join us. WELCOME!
Old 11-07-2007, 08:24

thanks everyone! It is such a fun hobby!
Old 11-07-2007, 08:28

great info!
Old 11-07-2007, 09:13

Oh the days when it was just a hobby No I am joking, God has blessed my business and it has grown. I am thankful that people enjoy my stuff.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:25

I think RABOM is great!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif