http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-50yd-grosgrain-animal-print-combo-103114.jpg
New product--1' circle punch/paper shaper for bottle cap picture
New products--Ribbon wrapped 50mm snap clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/120pc-2.5-korker-assorted-.JPG

turtle embellishments--ribbon sculpture

skull rockabilly grosgrain ribbon

braided headband base

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 07-10-2008, 12:04

Default best embroidery/sewing combo??

Ok. a previous post has got me wondering now, with all the new equipment out, what is your personal favorite sewing/embroidery combo machine? And if you don't mind could you give either the estimated retail price (if known) or what you paid for it if you have it personally. With the sticker shock I've had on some of these machines- I'm trying to put together a goal list and knowing the price will help in knowing how much I need to save. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2008, 09:11

Default Re: best embroidery/sewing combo??

Hi, before I got my commercial machine I had a Janome 9500 (I love that machine) I also had the customizer software- I still use the software. It is easy to use and has semi-auto digitizing Unlike the $3500 software I have now that I have a hard time with!!! The machine is easy to use it sews and embroiders great I used it for 2 years without a single problem and made enough money on it to buy a commercial machine!! I bought it from a place in florida (off Ebay) with everything- hat attachment, extra hoops, software, I mean the whole package deal with warranty because they are a dealer. The cost was $1500 with shipping. They have a store in Florida though. It is Sewing in USA. HTH
Samantha
Old 07-10-2008, 09:24

Sam, you got an awesome deal for a Janome! We bought ours in December and its a Bernina Deco that was originally 1100.00, but Bernina USA had a huge end of the year sale and we ended up walking away with it 30% off. I know that is not a huge %, but Bernina rarely marks anything down. We also bought the software, yikes, it was more than the machine! We also waited for a sale and got 20% the software. I think it usually retails at 1200.00. It only monograms, but I have no sewing ability, so it works for me.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:00

Well, I went a Brother. On the HSN they have a brother sewing/embroider machine I believe model HL-240 with a whole lot of accessoires that come with it and I got it for $499.99. I just got it a few days ago, but so far I am in love with it. It is so easy to use.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsandbows View Post
Sam, you got an awesome deal for a Janome! We bought ours in December and its a Bernina Deco that was originally 1100.00, but Bernina USA had a huge end of the year sale and we ended up walking away with it 30% off. I know that is not a huge %, but Bernina rarely marks anything down. We also bought the software, yikes, it was more than the machine! We also waited for a sale and got 20% the software. I think it usually retails at 1200.00. It only monograms, but I have no sewing ability, so it works for me.
It was a good deal- they had the package deal when I bought it- I don't think they even do that anymore... I heard that the Bernina was one of the best! but I have never used one. It really bugs me how expensive the software is... I just paid $3500 for the software I got and thought I was getting Auto digitizing - I was wrong- it will be another $1000 for the upgrade!!!!!!!! I will get it- One day! I have to embroider/ make bows for awhile before I can- But I will do it!
Old 07-10-2008, 01:35

OK, I'm by no means a professional, so when I bought my 'upgrade' I went for the Brother SE270D! haha... ya know, the disney one... I actually covered up the disney logo though (I don't really care for disney--I know, I'm horrible)--I got tired of staring at it!

But I do like it! I sew more than embroidery, but IMO it does both just fine for me. But like I said in the beginning, I'm no professional!

I think you can get it online at walmart for about $350.00... I think I paid a bit more, but it was awhile ago...

[SIGPIC]www.finishingtouchesbylybby.com[/SIGPIC]
www.finishingtouchesbylybby.com
www.bossybella.etsy.com

Last edited by BossyBella; 07-10-2008 at 01:36. Reason: Forgot to add price...
Old 10-03-2008, 04:38

I have the Bernina Artista 630 and really really love it . .It is a sewing machne as well as an embroidery but I purposely use it only for embroidery . .. it si wonderful and very high quality . .they are nOt cheap though but oh so worht it . .I took their one year to pay without interested and was able to raise the money from all the stuff I sold from doing embroidery work . . always best to go to a local dealer for any sewing/embroidery machne so you get the full support locallly . .
Old 10-03-2008, 07:52

I have the Brother 2500D. I like it but I have only had it for a year and a half and I have already had to take it in to be fixed twice. I think I might have to take it in again for the same problem. It will just stop when sewing or embroidering and the buttons freeze up. My friend has the same machine and has never had any problems with it. It was $4000.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:30

Thanks for the imput. Oh, they have so many new machines out and honestly wondering why they are even selling "home" machines for that much. That brand new Brother is over $10,000- yes I typed it right, and the new Janome is just about the same I believe it is only a $1000 difference between the two. Needless to say I choked when I saw the price. In this market I can't even fathom spending close to that on a machine. If this is the price they are going to start marketing machines at, then I should probably wait and save for a commercial machine! Oh, my.
I did break down and get a serger, which I love, just wish it did coverstitch. I opted for the price since it was my first serger, but I should've probably spent the extra hundred or two and got one with the coverstitch option- I am starting to feel the need for one-LOL! I really do want my embroidery machine, but I don't have enough room on the Credit card right now and well needless to say in this economy I don't have the cash either. If any of you get to splurge on one of those new machines- post your review on it,I would love to hear if it really is worth all that money!
Sponsored Links