ribbon and bows and free hairbow instructions

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/peony-ad.gif
7-8 zebra and leopard grosgrain ribbon
New product--7/8' sister ribbon
Mini Pinwheel Bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 09-26-2012, 02:55

Default Silhouette Cameo Reviews

I am wanting to purchase a Cameo and would like to know what you have to say about it if you have one. Can you use any type of heat transfer vinyl or adhesive vinyl or does it have to be the silhouette brand. Thank you in advance!

Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 09-26-2012, 09:01

Default Re: Silhouette Cameo Reviews

I don't have a Cameo but just recently purchased a Cricut mini. From all my reading u do not have to purchase Silhoutte specific vinyl. I just ordered some from Expressions vinyl. Can't wait to make something.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:23

This may be more then you really want to know but it answered alot of questions for me when I was looking.

http://die-cutting-machines-review.toptenreviews.com/
Old 09-27-2012, 04:44

I have a Cricut Imagine and a Cameo. I use both of them for cutting vinyl. I only use Oracle outdoor vinyl and it cuts just fine. The Cameo is amazing for cutting images that you just can't cut with a Cricut machine. You can also cut out any font that you have on your computer. I recently started a blog to post pictures of cups that I make; check it out to see some cups that I just recently made with the Cameo. (blog is under construction still)

www.CraftedByCasey.blogspot.com
Old 09-27-2012, 10:38

Cameo has it's own images you can download once you have the software. Cricket pics (I forget what they are called) are sold at craft stores but are $30+ for sets and you can't use your coupons. They go on sale about 2 times a year. That's the basic difference I see when comparing them. I've used the cameo and it's simple. I have not used the cricut however.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey84 View Post
I have a Cricut Imagine and a Cameo. I use both of them for cutting vinyl. I only use Oracle outdoor vinyl and it cuts just fine. The Cameo is amazing for cutting images that you just can't cut with a Cricut machine. You can also cut out any font that you have on your computer. I recently started a blog to post pictures of cups that I make; check it out to see some cups that I just recently made with the Cameo. (blog is under construction still)
Is there something you can do with your Cricut that you can't do with the cameo?
Old 09-29-2012, 12:24

I love my cameo, I bought it mostly b/c I have other svg files that I can import and cut out with the cameo. I have some svg files that I got from blogs or have bought and couldn't use it with other machine, it was the main thing that swayed my decision.

I find the software easy to use, the first days took a little getting used to all the icons; but once you get used to it, you'll find it easy to navigate.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahogany Luv View Post
Is there something you can do with your Cricut that you can't do with the cameo?
No, you can do even more with the cameo. I had the Imagine first so I have some cartridges that I still like using. Other than those cartridges, I use my Cameo for everything else. If you don't have either machine, I would definitely recommend the Cameo just because there's so much more you can do with it.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:48

Thank you ladies for answering my questions.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:41

I have a Cameo also and love it. You can even make your own bow and earring cards! I found mine on their online store site. You can modify them with the included software.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg