Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(20x2yd Solid Boutique Ribbons)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-satin-autism-pinwheel-bow.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/glitter-ribbon-250.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/kanzashi-flower-butterfly-forum-ads.JPG
New product--1.8mm bottle cap hole punch

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 08-24-2012, 06:40

Default Etsy Shop

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but I am wondering if anyone has started an Etsy shop for selling their products....Is it hard to do? Any advice on opening an Etsy shop? Thanks!
Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2012, 08:57

Default Re: Etsy Shop

I actually just started mine this week! I found it very simple. The site walks you through it. They have lots of resources if you look around their site. I was up and running with 100+ items listed in an hour or 2.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:53

It's fairly simple to set up, my only advice to anyone starting an Etsy shop is to read all the TOU and the Do's and Don'ts before starting. Then read up on photography tips if you are a beginner. Then read all about Relevency for search (so you know how to title/tag/describe. Know that Etsy is saturated with bow makers and resellers. Which makes it hard to be seen if you don't promote yourself. I am ok with all the bow makers, it's the resellers that are ruining Etsy for true handmade artists and crafters.

Wendy My Etsy Shop

Old 08-24-2012, 10:25

When you say resellers does that mean they buy items then resell them on Etsy..I know nothing about it, because I don't sell hairbows or anything,,was just wondering
Old 08-24-2012, 10:42

It's pretty simple to do. The process will take maybe 30 minutes max so I'd advise setting up your shop name first so you can make sure the name is available and also that you're not too close to someone else.

After that I'd say get your photos taken and edited and make a banner as well. If you need help there with a banner I'd be happy to help out. Then you can get your ads up and be open pretty quickly.

I'll be on here a lot this weekend since I'm knee deep in a big order with a bajillion rhinestones lol so I keep focusing on the screen every now and again to ward off eye strain from these itsy bitsy teeny weeny evil 2ss rhinestones.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:56

Thanks everyone for the help, I am still working on it and finding the time to set up the shop. I did not know about the resellers, that's sad someone would want to resell someone else product's. Thanks for the offer for help with the banner, I will consider that if this is something I will do. I just didn't know about the charges and all. Thanks!
Old 08-25-2012, 09:03

resellers = buying comercially made items and selling them as if they made them. ie: buying hair bows, tutus, petti rompers, etc in bulk from China or in group buys and selling them for cheap with out any embellishments.

Wendy My Etsy Shop

Old 08-25-2012, 09:41

Its not hard to set up, but you do need to read the do's and dont's.
I have only been at it a little over a month, and have only had 2 sales so far. There are tons of bows, tutus and other boutique type items on there, and it is hard to get noticed.
Good luck!
Old 08-29-2012, 10:55

There is a separate Etsy thread here on the HG forum. Truly easy to start on Etsy, but I advise don't open with only a few items. Start with at least 30 and list daily to keep your shop up in the first few search results pages.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg