150-forum-ads
hip girl boutique ballet dance gymnastic skating bun cover rhinestone hip girl boutique 40pc grosgrain ribbon wrapped 2 inch snap clips barrettes hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows clips
hip girl boutique 18pc grosgrain mini bow tie hair bow clips for baby infant toddler women adult
hip girl sparkle glitter headbands for dancing ballet stage cheerleading girls women high school college
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3in-spike-bows-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 05-20-2012, 08:57

Default Printing bottlecap images

I have been getting my bottlecap images printed at CVS and the quality has been great! However, I notice that they are sometimes not true to color (mostly the bright colors, bright green prints more teal, bright yellow more orange). Has anyone else had this issue?? If so does anyone know where I can get them printed so that they are more true to the color? Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you -Kimberly
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 05-20-2012, 12:59

Default Re: Printing bottlecap images

I have had things printed by Shutterfly and found them not to be true to color either. Never tried CVS.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:12

I print all mine from home. I have a kodak photo printer and it is awesome!! The ink last a long time also, and I print ALOT of images.

Proud Member of the Bow Diamonds!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/BowDiamonds

Wholesale Page
http://www.facebook.com/#!/Serendipi...oriesWholesale
Old 05-20-2012, 06:46

The reason things don't print true to color is because on screen colors are in an RGB (Red Green Blue) format, in print it is CMYK (Cyan Magenta Yellow Black) so a super bright green is nearly impossible to get, as is super bright blue yellow should not print orange though, so that's strange...hope that helps and isn't too confusing lol
Old 05-20-2012, 07:28

Agreed with the above poster. You won't get perfect colors because of the screen color formats!
Old 05-20-2012, 11:23

Thanks to everyone for the info! I guess I'll just have to live with not having the super bright colored bottlecap images lol. I appreciate your responses
Old 05-21-2012, 01:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLilyJewelry View Post
The reason things don't print true to color is because on screen colors are in an RGB (Red Green Blue) format, in print it is CMYK (Cyan Magenta Yellow Black) so a super bright green is nearly impossible to get, as is super bright blue yellow should not print orange though, so that's strange...hope that helps and isn't too confusing lol
hmm, I never knew that. Thanks for sharing this, it makes perfect sense when you hear the reasoning behind it. =)
Old 05-21-2012, 07:06

I print through Walgreens and a lot of time they will mess with the colors.

Most photo places have some type of "auto correct" where it will adjust according to what it THINKS the photo should look like (another reason pictures from a professional photog get messed up a lot). I know with my Walgreens I can call them and ask that they shut off the auto fix, auto correcter or whatever and unless it's someone that has no idea what they are doing they can! And it makes a HUGE difference.

Good luck!