150-forum-ads
hip girl boutique ballet dance gymnastic skating bun cover rhinestone hip girl boutique 40pc grosgrain ribbon wrapped 2 inch snap clips barrettes hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows clips
hip girl boutique 18pc grosgrain mini bow tie hair bow clips for baby infant toddler women adult
hip girl sparkle glitter headbands for dancing ballet stage cheerleading girls women high school college
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3in-spike-bows-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 06-08-2008, 03:27

Default Don't buy this glue gun!

My regular glue gun quit working so I thought I would just buy a cheaper replacement at Wal-Mart. I bought the Ad Tech high temp Project Pro Mini Glue Guns - ProjectPro with Needle Nozzle
Obviously I have a lot to learn about glue guns. This thing is awful. The glue doesn't feed smoothly. It CONSTANTLY drips. And I don't know if it's the new glue or the gun, but I am getting a TON of glue strings. I am returning this glue gun as soon as possible! It's a total waste of money. I was pretty happy with my old gun, but it stopped feeding the glue sticks through. It was an Ad Tech Detailer. Mini Glue Guns - Detailer
I plan on getting Aleene's Ultimate now, after reading that everyone seems to think that it is the best. But I want to use a coupon at Michaels....maybe they will have one in this Sunday's paper.

Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 06-08-2008, 08:24

Default Re: Don't buy this glue gun!

I have that one and it does constantly drip! I have not had luck with any glue gun yet.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:34

Mine is an Aleene's gun with the 2 temps and it is fine on the low temp but when you put it on high it drips. I really like it though. I don't think it is the ultimate one though. I bought mine at Joann's with one of the 40% off coupons.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:20

Thanks for sharing that! I have a Surebonder with the little detail nozzle, leaks bad. I want the Ultimate Glue Gun Aleene makes as well. Our local HL, Joann's and Michaels do NOT carry it! I'm going to have to order on-line, I guess.

ISO: manners
Old 06-08-2008, 10:20

i bought one of those cheap glue guns without temp control and the glue burned my leg so bad i had to go to my doctor for cream. now i have a big scar on the top of my leg...ugh!
Old 06-08-2008, 10:33

I have an ad tech dual temp cordless. When I used their brand glue it would drip constantly. Now I use surebonder glue and no drips at all. It works so much better.

Old 06-08-2008, 11:53

I had the dual temp cordless too... I got tired of it not feeding well and dripping.

I went to Lowes in their Staple gun Aisle and bought a heavy duty glue gun... it works much better feeds well and rarely drips. it a dual temp too.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loelle View Post
I bought the Ad Tech high temp Project Pro Mini Glue Guns - ProjectPro with Needle Nozzle
Obviously I have a lot to learn about glue guns. This thing is awful. The glue doesn't feed smoothly. It CONSTANTLY drips. And I don't know if it's the new glue or the gun, but I am getting a TON of glue strings.
That's my glue gun. Yep, that's what mine does. I have wasted so much glue (I put paper underneath it to catch the drip). But my first one stopped feeding, and at least this one works, so I've been suffering. Later on, perhaps I'll try yours.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:37

I have the Aleene's Ultimate and I have the most glue strings. It is like working in a spider web! I have tried high and low and nothing seems to work. Even though it says to only use Aleene's glue sticks I think I am going to have to give a different brand a try.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs226 View Post
Even though it says to only use Aleene's glue sticks I think I am going to have to give a different brand a try.
they just say that for their "warranty" it shouldnt matter...try the surebonder brand dual temp glue... not too many strings