150-forum-ads
hip girl boutique ballet dance gymnastic skating bun cover rhinestone hip girl boutique 40pc grosgrain ribbon wrapped 2 inch snap clips barrettes hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows clips
hip girl boutique 18pc grosgrain mini bow tie hair bow clips for baby infant toddler women adult
hip girl sparkle glitter headbands for dancing ballet stage cheerleading girls women high school college
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3in-spike-bows-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 10-04-2008, 10:48

Default Re: Don't buy this glue gun!

I also have the ad tech project pro, and hate, hate, hate it. I waste more glue than I use. But now after reading some of these posts, I might just try a different glue stick and see if that helps.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2008, 10:58

I have that glue gun as well and it DOES drip A LOT of glue. Being new to all this I thought that was normal. My dh recently bought me one at HL, the Surebonder High Temp Detail Glue gun, and the glue hardly comes out at all. I have to constantly pull on the trigger after a while it lets out a dot of glue. What is the best glue gun out there?? Glue sticks, I find, are not cheap and add up when I have to keep filling in the Ad Tech gun I have. Please Help. I need a good glue gun. TIA
Old 10-05-2008, 12:59

Ohhh I was totally going to buy this yesterday...... BUT.... Im soooo glad i didn't buy it!
Old 10-05-2008, 08:37

I have Aleene's ultimate glue gun.. I love it, but, the glue drips when I use the other nozzles except the flat head nozzle. Luckily, that's the nozzle I mostly use.

Old 10-05-2008, 01:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs226 View Post
I have the Aleene's Ultimate and I have the most glue strings. It is like working in a spider web! I have tried high and low and nothing seems to work. Even though it says to only use Aleene's glue sticks I think I am going to have to give a different brand a try.

LMAO at the web comment. I too purchased the Aleene's Ultimate and I have TONS of strings. Someone else recommended wiping the nozzle on the ribbon or clip or whatever you are gluing but that just doesn't work out for me. I have used the Aleene's sticks and the ones from Walmart....umm Ad Tech multi temp. Both result in the same amount of strings. It's annoying but what can I do? I love that the gun holds a LOT of glue stick!

Old 10-06-2008, 05:33

As weird as it sounds, the cheapie $2 glue guns seem to work the best for me. I shwiched to a surebonder & it broke after minimal use. I went back to my $2 special from walmart that I have had for years.
Beth
Old 10-06-2008, 06:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Babies Bowtique View Post
Thanks for sharing that! I have a Surebonder with the little detail nozzle, leaks bad. I want the Ultimate Glue Gun Aleene makes as well. Our local HL, Joann's and Michaels do NOT carry it! I'm going to have to order on-line, I guess.

I want this too. I have looked every where online at the stores. Can't find it anywhere.