http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-26-2012, 06:51
Gulana94's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 305
Smile I- Magicut Ribbon cutter/sealer

Has anyone used this product before. It cuts and seals ribbon all at once. Looks pretty cool and safer than a wood burning tool it uses batteries.

Magicut
__________________
Silver Griffon on facebook
Silver Griffon Designs
Fanciful Jewelry and Fun Hair Accessories!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-26-2012, 07:08
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Maui
Posts: 1,017
Default Re: I- Magicut Ribbon cutter/sealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulana94 View Post
Has anyone used this product before. It cuts and seals ribbon all at once. Looks pretty cool and safer than a wood burning tool it uses batteries.

Magicut
It does not cut grosgrain very well. Looks like it on the video but I couldn't get it to work .
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-26-2012, 07:19
Gulana94's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 305
Smile Re: I- Magicut Ribbon cutter/sealer

well that sucks too bad Guess I will stick to my scissors and candle. which works really well for me believe it or not. Just was looking for something a little more convenient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiMomma View Post
It does not cut grosgrain very well. Looks like it on the video but I couldn't get it to work .
__________________
Silver Griffon on facebook
Silver Griffon Designs
Fanciful Jewelry and Fun Hair Accessories!
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-27-2012, 01:12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Maui
Posts: 1,017
Default Re: I- Magicut Ribbon cutter/sealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulana94 View Post
well that sucks too bad Guess I will stick to my scissors and candle. which works really well for me believe it or not. Just was looking for something a little more convenient.
I was disappointed. I use scissors and a lighter and get pretty even V cuts but yeah I was hoping for more from the tool.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-27-2012, 01:46
RoosMommy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 177
Default Re: I- Magicut Ribbon cutter/sealer

It worked well for me cutting grosgrain ribbon. The issue I have with it is it got gummy in one spot, so I did what they said and when wiping the reside off, the wire popped out and now it won't go back in tightly. I'm going to tinker with it and see if I can get it working up to my standards again.

Dee =)
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-28-2012, 02:15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Maui
Posts: 1,017
Default Re: I- Magicut Ribbon cutter/sealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosMommy View Post
It worked well for me cutting grosgrain ribbon. The issue I have with it is it got gummy in one spot, so I did what they said and when wiping the reside off, the wire popped out and now it won't go back in tightly. I'm going to tinker with it and see if I can get it working up to my standards again.

Dee =)
How long do you have to hold it down to get it to cut? Maybe I just got a bad one?
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-30-2012, 10:34
RoosMommy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 177
Default Re: I- Magicut Ribbon cutter/sealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiMomma View Post
How long do you have to hold it down to get it to cut? Maybe I just got a bad one?
I did it for about 5 seconds, a few more than the video suggested. I also held the ribbon taunt on both sides of the cutter. I hope that helps. =)

Dee =)
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2012, 07:55
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Maui
Posts: 1,017
Default Re: I- Magicut Ribbon cutter/sealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosMommy View Post
I did it for about 5 seconds, a few more than the video suggested. I also held the ribbon taunt on both sides of the cutter. I hope that helps. =)

Dee =)
Hmmm, mine must not work. I count to 30 and give up....it leaves a little line like it's just starting to cut into it .
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger