Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 02-23-2012, 05:26
Default Re: any reviews on imaginisce i-magicut? ribbon sealer

Originally Posted by Wendy523 View Post
thank you for this review, sounds like my normal methods are still going to be easier. I only use Schiff or Offray and was considering using this tool for some layered ribbon and cheer bows, sounds like it wouldn't be the best tool to cut through all those layers.
Oh, I am sure it wouldn't work on thicker layers unless I just have a bum one. The cutting wire is thinner than the 30 gauge I use for bows! I was hoping it would work because even if it took a bit longer, I would have consistent angles on the V's.

Just so I'm not entirely negative, this might be very handy for making loopy puffs.

Last edited by barleymom; 02-23-2012 at 05:41. Reason: adding to post
Sponsored Links
ecommerce web hosting
Old 02-23-2012, 11:30

Yea I received a working one today from imaginisce and its ok, not super cool as you cant see exactly where you are cutting and the wire is thin, and you do have to press down a couple of seconds to get a full cut.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:55

Originally Posted by barleymom View Post
Okay, I had to get one just to play around with and I cannot get a V to cut all the way through Schiff or Offray grosgrain. It says for folded ribbon to press an additional 2 times or more and I did up to 12 extra times and it just would not go all the way through the lower layer. It does work on satin and sheer ribbon although mine did stick together at the tips and then you have to iron the crease out of the ribbon so I will stick with my old method of cutting V's. It works fine on single layers although I did have to press additional times to get it to cut through polka dots.

For cutting hairclip strips, I would mark an inch from the end of the ribbon and then every 4 1/2 inches so you know where to cut through. (You do need a bit of overhang at the start of the ribbon, hence the extra inch unless you want to just mark every 4 1/2 inches and use a woodburner or lighter on the end of the first piece.)

I have to wonder how long that very thin piece of wire will last!

Thanks for the review I may try it and see how well it does and how long it works before the wire breaks.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:36
Thumbs up Re: any reviews on imaginisce i-magicut? ribbon sealer

Review for the i magicut.
Sponsored Links