New products--peelnstick double-sided-tape for lining clips
http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/assets/images/affiliateBanners/affiliateBanner3.jpg
hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 02-16-2012, 03:58

Default Re: any reviews on imaginisce i-magicut? ribbon sealer

I'm still wondering about the V cut as well, but I found this where it was done on striped grosgrain in 10 seconds.

http://angiesoriginals.blogspot.com/...ut-review.html

But I can cut and heat seal a V in maybe 2 - 4 seconds with scissors and a lighter so that's not going to save me any time.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:56

I was minding my business walking around Michael's and found it. I had a Joanne's coupon for 40% off but the guy gave 50% off. Any who I just tried it out in the car at my son's school and it is FANTASTIC!! I can't do a straight v cut to save my life and it does it perfectly. It didnt stick together at all!! I'm excited to play this weekend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg d27deae6.jpg (25.3 KB, 53 views)

Last edited by blainesmommy; 02-17-2012 at 03:00. Reason: Add picture
Old 02-17-2012, 05:47

Thanks for adding a pic! I'm officially sold. Now see if my wonderful better half will pick me up one since he works there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blainesmommy View Post
I was minding my business walking around Michael's and found it. I had a Joanne's coupon for 40% off but the guy gave 50% off. Any who I just tried it out in the car at my son's school and it is FANTASTIC!! I can't do a straight v cut to save my life and it does it perfectly. It didnt stick together at all!! I'm excited to play this weekend.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:18

Ok ladies I got mine this week and it wasnt working at all!!!!!

so I called cherry on top and said I needed to contact imaginisce directly, I called and they are replacing the not working one.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by blainesmommy View Post
WOW thats great!!!!!
cant wait to get a new one that actually works, lol!
Old 02-21-2012, 01:17

I line alot of single pronged hairclips and I need to cut them at 4 1/2 inches. I wonder If I would be able to cut the ribbon at the right spot without wasting any. If I could it would save me a ton of time cutting and sealing them.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:10

wow! one more thing i need to buy!!!!
so one question form something i"ve read, can you take joanns coupons to michael"s?
cause i dont get michaels cause they are too far from my house, but i get joanns thru email!!
Old 02-22-2012, 07:08

I'm thinking it would probably be quicker to do it any other way (cut, lighter, woodburner) it can be done but probably not the quickest method
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin146 View Post
I line alot of single pronged hairclips and I need to cut them at 4 1/2 inches. I wonder If I would be able to cut the ribbon at the right spot without wasting any. If I could it would save me a ton of time cutting and sealing them.
Michael's takes competers coupons. I think they have to be in the same area. I always use the coupons on my phone. No printing that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessings4u View Post
wow! one more thing i need to buy!!!!
so one question form something i"ve read, can you take joanns coupons to michael"s?
cause i dont get michaels cause they are too far from my house, but i get joanns thru email!!
Old 02-23-2012, 05:47

Okay, I had to get one just to play around with and I cannot get a V to cut all the way through Schiff or Offray grosgrain. It says for folded ribbon to press an additional 2 times or more and I did up to 12 extra times and it just would not go all the way through the lower layer. It does work on satin and sheer ribbon although mine did stick together at the tips and then you have to iron the crease out of the ribbon so I will stick with my old method of cutting V's. It works fine on single layers although I did have to press additional times to get it to cut through polka dots.

For cutting hairclip strips, I would mark an inch from the end of the ribbon and then every 4 1/2 inches so you know where to cut through. (You do need a bit of overhang at the start of the ribbon, hence the extra inch unless you want to just mark every 4 1/2 inches and use a woodburner or lighter on the end of the first piece.)

I have to wonder how long that very thin piece of wire will last!
Old 02-23-2012, 05:59

thank you for this review, sounds like my normal methods are still going to be easier. I only use Schiff or Offray and was considering using this tool for some layered ribbon and cheer bows, sounds like it wouldn't be the best tool to cut through all those layers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barleymom View Post
Okay, I had to get one just to play around with and I cannot get a V to cut all the way through Schiff or Offray grosgrain. It says for folded ribbon to press an additional 2 times or more and I did up to 12 extra times and it just would not go all the way through the lower layer. It does work on satin and sheer ribbon although mine did stick together at the tips and then you have to iron the crease out of the ribbon so I will stick with my old method of cutting V's. It works fine on single layers although I did have to press additional times to get it to cut through polka dots.

For cutting hairclip strips, I would mark an inch from the end of the ribbon and then every 4 1/2 inches so you know where to cut through. (You do need a bit of overhang at the start of the ribbon, hence the extra inch unless you want to just mark every 4 1/2 inches and use a woodburner or lighter on the end of the first piece.)

I have to wonder how long that very thin piece of wire will last!

Wendy My Etsy Shop

Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies