New product--flat back resin
Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Polka Dot Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-20x2yd Swiss Polka Dot
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/heatnbond-lt-ad.jpg
New product--frog grosgrain ribbon
New product--5/8' dippin' dots grosgrain ribbon
New product--pop dots

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:33

Default Big Shot Dies

What are your favorite dies? I only have the circle dies so far(it's the one with three different sized circles), and thinking I need to get a few more.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 02-07-2012, 10:48

Default Re: Big Shot Dies

I love Tim Holtz flower die, the flower shape and square framelitz to make flowers. LOVE the Tim Holtz flower die, it's my fave
Old 02-07-2012, 11:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama-j View Post
I love Tim Holtz flower die, the flower shape and square framelitz to make flowers. LOVE the Tim Holtz flower die, it's my fave
Thanks. Those look fun
So far I've only experimented with cotton fabrics. What kind do of fabrics do you like to use?
Old 02-07-2012, 12:12

This is mine fav the most-est.. =)

http://www.sizzix.com/product/656545...ie-flowers-3-d

Gotta hv this in your collection...

I'm not all that. I just like the last part.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:12

I love any of the flower dies, and I use my large scalloped circle the most. I like shiny lining fabrics, felt, and have even used velvet. With the standard type thick dies you can cut any fabrics, and several layers at a time too.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:57

I have several of the different flowers. My fav is probably the Sizzix Originals Flower Layers. I also like the framelits bc you get so many sizes of the same shape and despite being so thin they will cut heavy duty stuff like foam and felt.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:06

Your framelits will cut felt? I have heard they don't...would be great if they did, some are soo cute! I just bought the big kick and trying to figure out which dies work best!
Old 03-10-2012, 11:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by casemarten View Post
I have several of the different flowers. My fav is probably the Sizzix Originals Flower Layers. I also like the framelits bc you get so many sizes of the same shape and despite being so thin they will cut heavy duty stuff like foam and felt.
WHAT?!?! Really?

I tried those nestibles, (not sizzix, I forget the brand) and they SUCK at cutting felt... barely cut one layer...

Are the framelits better than the Sizzlits at cutting felt? I got the sizzlits hello kitty one, and it can't cut felt at all.

All of my tutorials are now available through my etsy store.

Check out my Tutorial Album on Picasa.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:49

Yes, framelits will cut felt! I use wool 65/35 and they do fine, no snags at all. Just use the tallest setting of the cutting board. Sizzlits will NOT cut felt. Too bad since there are so many cute sizzlits.

I haven't tried any non-sizzix dies so I dunno about other brands.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:50

Btw, I've never tried to cut more than one layer of felt at a time. But you can lay out several framelits side by side to cut at once so you get several pieces out of each press.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif