ribbon and bows and free hairbow instructions

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/peony-ad.gif
7-8 zebra and leopard grosgrain ribbon
New product--7/8' sister ribbon
Mini Pinwheel Bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 12-14-2011, 02:36

Default New Brilliant Bowmaker videos!

There is a new Brilliant Bowmaker video using the Snap templates on you tube! The link is on facebook and here. Hope it helps!

Added: Here you can find a link for the Size Guide demonstration

Last edited by LPLKaryn; 12-15-2011 at 10:59. Reason: adding another link
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 12-14-2011, 03:12

Default Re: New Brilliant Bowmaker videos!

Thanks for sharing!!
Old 12-14-2011, 04:26

Glad it could help! I have a few videos that I've been holding for a while because I couldn't get my video editor to work with HD video. I finally bought new video software it it was worth every penny!

If anyone would like to request a specific video please let me know what you would like to see.

I have a basic explanation of the Size Guide as well as using printed ribbon on the classic templates, and a few others. But let me know if there are specifics you would like.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:54

Thanks. Do you have a video that shows a close-up of the sew and cinch method? I just can't figure out how to place the stitches ( I guess because I don't sew).
Old 12-14-2011, 10:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPLKaryn View Post
Glad it could help! I have a few videos that I've been holding for a while because I couldn't get my video editor to work with HD video. I finally bought new video software it it was worth every penny!

If anyone would like to request a specific video please let me know what you would like to see.

I have a basic explanation of the Size Guide as well as using printed ribbon on the classic templates, and a few others. But let me know if there are specifics you would like.
I ordered your templates this past weekend and I am sooo excited to get them. Thanks for sharing the new video.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:03

Hi Karyn- love your templates- do you have a video showing the surround templates? Thanks Teresa
Old 12-15-2011, 06:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by belizeancutie View Post
Thanks. Do you have a video that shows a close-up of the sew and cinch method? I just can't figure out how to place the stitches ( I guess because I don't sew).
i have the same problem as the booklet pics are not the sharpest and only show dots or white thread on a lite pink ribbon.

i finally solved it . . . by making a template. i cut a piece of paper the length of the middle of the bow
and 1/2" wide . . . and "accordian" folded the piece of paper to replicate the fold (i think i folded it in 1/2 and then each 1/2 was folded into thirds) . the stitches then go inbetween/in the middle/half way between the fold lines. i put a piece of masking tape on the backside of the template and marked where the stitches go, and alligator clip this paper template on the front of the bow.

voila - evenly spaced stitches & fold! of course, one has to make a separate template for each width ribbon as the middle length is different for each width of ribbon.

i'm still trying to figure out the fold for 3/8" ribbon!

hope i explained it okay & hth!

edit . . . and i hope lplkaryn will comment if i'm off base/wrong or suggest a better way!

edit edit . . . and i've not made a template for the 1.5" ribbon yet . . . that may need an extra fold.

Last edited by prleaf; 12-27-2011 at 07:09.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPLKaryn View Post

i'd love the link to printed ribbon - does it show both the twisted & classic? thank you!
Old 12-15-2011, 08:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by prleaf View Post
i have the same problem as the booklet pics are not the sharpest and only show dots or white thread on a lite pink ribbon.

i finally solved it . . . by making a template. i cut a piece of paper the length of the middle of the bow
and 1/2 wide . . . and "accordian" folded the piece of paper to replicate the fold (i think i folded it in 1/2 and then each 1/2 was folded into thirds) . the stitches then go inbetween/in the middle/half way between the fold lines. i put a piece of masking tape on the backside of the template and marked where the stitches go, and alligator clip this paper template on the front of the bow.

voila - evenly spaced stitches & fold! of course, one has to make a separate template for each width ribbon as the middle length is different for each width of ribbon.

i'm still trying to figure out the fold for 3/8" ribbon!

hope i explained it okay & hth!

edit . . . and i hope lplkaryn will comment if i'm off base/wrong or suggest a better way!

edit edit . . . and i've not made a template for the 1.5" ribbon yet . . . that may need an extra fold.
You were the reason I went ahead and bought the new editing software

I think the stitching template was a genius move. Thank you for sharing! The 1.5" ribbon can work with both 3 and 4 sets of stitches. I use 4 (8 total passes of the needle).
Old 12-15-2011, 08:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by belizeancutie View Post
Not yet but I can.

Are we talking about the classic?
The only two stitches that are crucial to the bow are the ones that fall in the "triangle" where the front two ribbons overlap the back ribbon on either side. There is an overlap triangle on each side. Stitching through that is what holds all the folds together.

I take a very tiny set of stitches on the wing, another set across the middle (hitting the "triangle" on each side), and another tiny set on the other wing.

The smaller the stitches on the wings, the more the underside of the ribbon can fold to the back.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies