http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 12-15-2011, 11:36

Default Re: New Brilliant Bowmaker videos!

Thanks for the video Karyn! I could make a decent twisted with the new templates, but after watching the video my bow looked awesome!!It came out like perfect!!And I even do the sewing method! Funny that I have tried everyway possible with these bows and never could get it, and truthfully this isn't even my fav bow!! They're Ok but i prefer your classics!! Love all the sizes!
Old 12-15-2011, 12:50

I just ordered the new set yesterday and I can't wait to get them ( hopefully they'll be here before xmas). I have the older set and I just love em.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:48

I ordered the snap templates a couple days ago. I can't wait to get them!!
Old 12-15-2011, 09:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by prleaf View Post
i have the same problem as the booklet pics are not the sharpest and only show dots or white thread on a lite pink ribbon.

i finally solved it . . . by making a template. i cut a piece of paper the length of the middle of the bow
and 1/2 wide . . . and "accordian" folded the piece of paper to replicate the fold (i think i folded it in 1/2 and then each 1/2 was folded into thirds) . the stitches then go inbetween/in the middle/half way between the fold lines. i put a piece of masking tape on the backside of the template and marked where the stitches go, and alligator clip this paper template on the front of the bow.

voila - evenly spaced stitches & fold! of course, one has to make a separate template for each width ribbon as the middle length is different for each width of ribbon.

i'm still trying to figure out the fold for 3/8" ribbon!

hope i explained it okay & hth!

edit . . . and i hope lplkaryn will comment if i'm off base/wrong or suggest a better way!

edit edit . . . and i've not made a template for the 1.5" ribbon yet . . . that may need an extra fold.
Thank you! I'm going to try that this weekend
Old 12-15-2011, 09:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPLKaryn View Post
Not yet but I can.

Are we talking about the classic?
The only two stitches that are crucial to the bow are the ones that fall in the "triangle" where the front two ribbons overlap the back ribbon on either side. There is an overlap triangle on each side. Stitching through that is what holds all the folds together.

I take a very tiny set of stitches on the wing, another set across the middle (hitting the "triangle" on each side), and another tiny set on the other wing.

The smaller the stitches on the wings, the more the underside of the ribbon can fold to the back.
I was thinking of the twisted because I haven't tried the classic yet but I'll keep your tips in mind. I hope to do some experimenting on my Christmas break.
edit: Forgot to say Thanks

Last edited by belizeancutie; 12-15-2011 at 09:44. Reason: add a ty
Old 12-15-2011, 11:00

Just added another link to the first post.

Size Guide demo video link here.
Old 12-16-2011, 04:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPLKaryn View Post
Glad it could help! I have a few videos that I've been holding for a while because I couldn't get my video editor to work with HD video. I finally bought new video software it it was worth every penny!

If anyone would like to request a specific video please let me know what you would like to see.

I have a basic explanation of the Size Guide as well as using printed ribbon on the classic templates, and a few others. But let me know if there are specifics you would like.
thank you . . . and soooo glad you like your new s/ware

i'm trying to find the printed ribbon/classic video . . . any chance you can point me in the right direction?

i just watched your classic one and will try the stitching . . . so it's a "secured" stitch on the intersecting wing - one running stitch in the middle and one running stitch on the other intersecting wing. cause what's throwing me for a loop (no pun intended!) is what you said in another post . . . let me hit reply & i'll go get it/post it here . . .

i'm determined to get it right!

edit . . . here it is . . . quote: I take a very tiny set of stitches on the wing, another set across the middle (hitting the "triangle" on each side), and another tiny set on the other wing.

it's the "tiny SET of stitches" wording - to me that means more than 1 . . . or are we saying the same thing?

i do hope that my questions are helping others and i'm not monopolizing your time!

Last edited by prleaf; 12-16-2011 at 04:17.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:37

Quote:

i'm trying to find the printed ribbon/classic video . . . any chance you can point me in the right direction?

i just watched your classic one and will try the stitching . . . so it's a "secured" stitch on the intersecting wing - one running stitch in the middle and one running stitch on the other intersecting wing. cause what's throwing me for a loop (no pun intended!) is what you said in another post . . . let me hit reply & i'll go get it/post it here . . .

edit . . . here it is . . . quote: I take a very tiny set of stitches on the wing, another set across the middle (hitting the "triangle" on each side), and another tiny set on the other wing.

it's the "tiny SET of stitches" wording - to me that means more than 1 . . . or are we saying the same thing?

i do hope that my questions are helping others and i'm not monopolizing your time!
I'm not sure if this will help but you make an X stitch, grabbing both sides. Yes, 2 stitches.HTH!
Old 12-16-2011, 03:02

Quote:

You are fine! By "set" I mean go down through the ribbon and back up.

I have a sturdy knot in my thread.
Then I go down/up on one wing. Keeping the stitches close to the X in the front. I also refer to this as two passes of the needle through the ribbon.

Next I go down through the "triangle", and up through the other triangle.

Finally I go down/up on the other wing.

Does that help? I am still editing the video for the closeup of the stitches. But for the stitches on the wings, the closer they are to the X the less of the underside of the ribbon that will show through.

A cross section of the stitches would be like this

front of bow
---> stitches VVV
back of bow
Old 12-16-2011, 03:48

Where is the printed ribbon video? I've looked high and low and haven't been able to find it.