printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 12-09-2011, 10:23

Default Re: Double sided tape question!

In any case, the tape that I use is fillet tape, and I find that it does NOT hold ribbon on the clips for very long. I don't use it for lining clips, I only use it for woven headbands.

I have had customers come back to me after a few months to say the ribbon has come off of their clips, and can I redo them. It only takes a few of those to convince me that fillet tape is not the best idea for me.

But...YMMV
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 12-09-2011, 12:11

Default Re: Double sided tape question!

Here is my story with tape- DD loves to take things apart and I foolishly left a pair of ladybug clips too near her bed at nap time. She had destroyed them. She had managed to peel off all the ribbon lining a clip that had been glued. She had clearly attempted to peel off the ribbon lining a clip that had been taped, however was unsuccessful. The tape proved to be stronger than her. The ladybug parts were also all torn apart and they had been glued.

I figure if tape can survive that when glue cannot, it is good enough for me. I buy all my tape at Kate's Craft shop and love it!

Wholesale site: http://www.zibbet.com/TheCraftCorner
Old 12-10-2011, 11:44

Default Re: Double sided tape is junk!

I am not a fan of ds tape at all. I would not call it junk. It think maybe in certain climates this type of tape works better for others. Here in the deep south I have not had much luck with it so I don't use it.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:32

I only use it on my woven headbands now too! I've had several brands all from here and none of them have last the test of time and have let go after a couple of months. I've not had anyone complain thankfully but theres no way I'll ever send another clip out lined with the tape.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiara View Post
Figures... I asked a sales associate who claimed to use it a lot for her bows which brand to get and she said it was the best brand in the store.

But did you tell her hair bows lol. A lot of scrapbookers use that tape for their bows...but not hair bows just bows for layouts or cards. I make cards and scrapbook that's the only reason I know exactly which one you bought. Try the one from Jamie it's really nice and she ships so fast.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:52

On a side note. I worked at hl and that's not even the tape I recommended to new scrapbookers. I always told them to go the framing department and look at the tape guns they use. They sell them in pink now for scrapbookers, and that tape is awesome. But I digress, I hope you find something that works for you.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:01

I don't know if it's the heat and humidity or what.

The clips always look FANTASTIC and very clean...But give them some time, and the tape comes up...
Old 12-11-2011, 01:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEGOU View Post
I was being lazy and ordered lined clips. Needed a navy and had a blue wouldn't use so pulled off ribbon. Holy cow it was REALLY hard to get it off. I asked where she got tape - punch place. I can't wait to get some
I've been using the double sided tape from the hipgirl store. I haven't had an complaints with it. I'm going to try this punch place though. I would be mortified if mine didn't hold.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:49

I have never had a problem with the rolls I have. I have made my best friend a ton of bows with clippies lined with it and it isn't peeling.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiara View Post
I bought one of those double sided tape applicators and used them to line 100 clips in various colors to use on my big bows. Today as I was setting out some new bows to sell, I noticed one of the clips had the ribbon separating from it. So I examined it further and sure enough, that tape wasn't holding.

I had to pull out my glue gun and go over all of them again! Just imagine a customer putting one in their child's hair after a couple of wears and having the ribbon let go of the clip because the double sided tape isn't strong enough.

That stuff holds for a while but it's bad when it starts falling apart after the bow has been purchased. Junk. Never again. I'm sticking with my glue gun.

I bought a roll of this stuff a long time ago too, and everyone said it was sooo good! I hated it too! I like my glue gun too! LOL
Sponsored Links