http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/mini-pinwheel-bow-snap-clips-22pc.jpg
New product--3' everyday (pinwheel) hair bow/hairbow clips

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/peony-hair-flower-clips-red-ad.jpg
New product--Silk Geraniums

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 12-01-2011, 04:00

Default Re: Double sided tape is junk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat font View Post
that is just for scrapbooking ...no wonder it didn`t work!
Figures... I asked a sales associate who claimed to use it a lot for her bows which brand to get and she said it was the best brand in the store.

Old 12-01-2011, 04:04

I dont think you were rude jmo tho i mean if guess if u were calling kates craft store junk or the other place junk when its clearly not then ok maybe?!? But at least you got pointed to the right direction.. all these ladies are always here to help.. clearly hobby lobby chick had no idea what she was talking about
Old 12-01-2011, 04:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupialr85 View Post
I dont think you were rude jmo tho i mean if guess if u were calling kates craft store junk or the other place junk when its clearly not then ok maybe?!? But at least you got pointed to the right direction.. all these ladies are always here to help.. clearly hobby lobby chick had no idea what she was talking about
I would never call anyone's shop junk. If they happen to be selling a product that I find junk, then that's my opinion. I've had a father come past my kiosk and tell me my pettirompers are inappropriate for little girls and there's no way he'd let his daughter wear them. I'm not the spokesperson for pettirompers so this didn't offend me. That was his opinion about a particular product and I can respect that. I thanked him for his constructive criticism and wound up selling him a dress that day. He comes by sometimes during lunch and jokes around with me saying, "you still selling that junk?". I laugh all the way to the bank, I do

Anytime we sell any product, we must realize that not everyone is going to like that product.

So no I wasn't calling anyone's store junk, I was calling the product junk and until I have a positive experience with some ds tape, that is going to be my opinion about it.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupialr85 View Post
But at least you got pointed to the right direction.. all these ladies are always here to help.. clearly hobby lobby chick had no idea what she was talking about
...and yes I'm going to order some of "The right thing" this evening and see what happens.

As for that HL chick, I saved a bow that's coming apart because of that tape and I'm going there this evening with the empty tape roll, the packaging and my receipt. Cue the torches, angry mob, and suspenseful music...
Old 12-01-2011, 05:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiara View Post
...and yes I'm going to order some of "The right thing" this evening and see what happens.

As for that HL chick, I saved a bow that's coming apart because of that tape and I'm going there this evening with the empty tape roll, the packaging and my receipt. Cue the torches, angry mob, and suspenseful music...
Just remember she's probably making min wage and just wanted to help...even if she was wrong. I teach art classes at a craft store and there are a lot of seasonal workers right now. Plus you would not believe the questions people need help with. Seriously...epoxy and pigment ect. Get your refund but don't set her on fire
Old 12-02-2011, 08:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpicard View Post
I bought some from Punch Place Plus and it worked awesome!! Some of the clips have been lined for months and the ribbon is just as strong to the clip as with glue.

I agree wholeheartedly!
Old 12-04-2011, 10:24

I too mistakingly bought double-sided tape in the scrapbook section. The tape "claimed" to hold anything... it didn't work.
Then I joined this site, and after being here awhile, realized I hadn't bought the correct tape. I think I will try it again, but with different tape.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:41

Default Re: Double sided tape question!

I just noticed that the title of this thread changed. I would expect that if a mod changed the title of someone's thread they'd at least send a PM or something letting me know. What's up mods?

Old 12-09-2011, 02:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandlysasmom View Post
Just remember she's probably making min wage and just wanted to help...even if she was wrong. I teach art classes at a craft store and there are a lot of seasonal workers right now. Plus you would not believe the questions people need help with. Seriously...epoxy and pigment ect. Get your refund but don't set her on fire
Agree! Just because a person works in a craft store doesn't make them a pro. They often are not even trained in depth on products...they do the best they can but--yeah. I agree with the person I quoted. Get your refund and move on
Fold Over Elastic, Shabby Flowers and so much MORE

Private Facebook Group ~ HERE
Buy direct! www.finernecessities.com
Click Here to Visit Our Etsy Shop

Website design starting at $40! PM for info
~Mommy to 5 in my arms and 2 in Jesus' arms~

Old 12-09-2011, 10:15

Default Re: Double sided tape question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiara View Post
I just noticed that the title of this thread changed. I would expect that if a mod changed the title of someone's thread they'd at least send a PM or something letting me know. What's up mods?

I would expect that the mods and owner of this site can do what they want with or without your approval.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg