Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 11-25-2011, 09:17

Default Guess who's getting a big shot!

This girl is JoAnn's has them on sale plus you can use a coupon so I'm getting it for $45... not sure if that's the best deal but dh gave me the go ahead so I"m getting it! Just had to share my excitement. I'm a LITTLE sick of cutting circles by hand plus it will make sure they are uniform and I can do flowers etc too. Anyone getting anything good today?
Sponsored Links

Old 11-25-2011, 03:02

Default Re: Guess who's getting a big shot!

YAY My DH gave me the go ahead last week when Michaels had them on sale and had a coupon I could use too, I think I paid $45 too Then I went on craigslist and found a lady who was selling all of her dies for $50, I think I got 20 dies and the texturz stuff too.....what a great early chirstmas present! Hope you have as much fun with yours as I have been
Old 11-25-2011, 03:21

So no one had the bigshot in stock so I ended up getting the bigkick for $51. Need to do a little research before I take it out of the package but I think it's basically the same thing. It said it cuts fabric and that's really all I need it to do. Got the nestabillities standard circles with a 50% off coupon too.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:04

Hi, I have a big shot and I think you will love it.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:39

I just got one, and I LOVE it already! If you are going to be using it to cut fabric though, I recommend the Sizzix Bigz or Original dies. I got a set of Nestabilities and had to take them back; they just don't cut fabric. I tried, and all I got was an indentation of the die. If you place a piece of copy/printer paper over your fabric it cuts through somewhat, but not completely. (And it's not a problem with the layers being thick enough for the machine, because it makes a clear impression on the cutting pad.) As for the Sizzix dies, I have Circles #2, and it is fantastic. I can cut through several layers of fabric (like 6!) in one pass,or two layers of felt, which is a HUGE time saver! If my local stores carried it, I'd buy the larger circle dies. So far I've also bought two different flower layer dies, and a scalloped circle. I'm having SO much fun,and so will you! Congrats!
Old 11-27-2011, 12:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDee View Post
I just got one, and I LOVE it already! If you are going to be using it to cut fabric though, I recommend the Sizzix Bigz or Original dies. I got a set of Nestabilities and had to take them back; they just don't cut fabric. I tried, and all I got was an indentation of the die. If you place a piece of copy/printer paper over your fabric it cuts through somewhat, but not completely. (And it's not a problem with the layers being thick enough for the machine, because it makes a clear impression on the cutting pad.) As for the Sizzix dies, I have Circles #2, and it is fantastic. I can cut through several layers of fabric (like 6!) in one pass,or two layers of felt, which is a HUGE time saver! If my local stores carried it, I'd buy the larger circle dies. So far I've also bought two different flower layer dies, and a scalloped circle. I'm having SO much fun,and so will you! Congrats!
Ditto on the Nestabilities, which is sucks because I love how one die has multiples sizes. I am looking on getting Sizzlix framelits, it looks about the same as spellbinders dies.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:42

You will NOT regret it! LOL....I <3 mine and don't know what I would do with out it
Old 11-27-2011, 01:44

Good to know b/c I thought I got a dud or something. It was cutting through part of the fabric. Grrr too bad. Maybe I can return the nestabilities? Not sure but worth a shot. Now I need to go check out the Sizzix dies. Thank you all for the advice and help

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama-j View Post
Ditto on the Nestabilities, which is sucks because I love how one die has multiples sizes. I am looking on getting Sizzlix framelits, it looks about the same as spellbinders dies.
Old 11-27-2011, 04:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDee View Post
As for the Sizzix dies, I have Circles #2, and it is fantastic. I can cut through several layers of fabric (like 6!) in one pass,or two layers of felt, which is a HUGE time saver! If my local stores carried it, I'd buy the larger circle dies. So far I've also bought two different flower layer dies, and a scalloped circle. I'm having SO much fun,and so will you! Congrats!
That settles it....I must have one.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestmommy574 View Post
Good to know b/c I thought I got a dud or something. It was cutting through part of the fabric. Grrr too bad. Maybe I can return the nestabilities? Not sure but worth a shot. Now I need to go check out the Sizzix dies. Thank you all for the advice and help
If you got them from Joann's, then yes you can take them back! That's what I did. I have to say, I wasn't impressed (no pun intended) with the store display of the Nestabilities. It's a card you take to the register and then they retrieve it from the back, but there is barely any information on it. I don't remember it listing the sizes of the dies or even the mediums it cuts. Even the actual product has very little info or instructions.
Sponsored Links