Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:35

Default Anyone feel like taking a shot at editing?

Alrighty, so I attempted to take some photos at home this past weekend and the lighting is just all wrong and I clearly don't know what I am doing. Can these be salvaged and would someone mind taking a shot at editing them? I had a good vision, I just have no idea how to execute it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg november pics 241.jpg (43.5 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg november pics 253.jpg (57.7 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg november pics 255.jpg (61.0 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg november pics 281.jpg (31.9 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg november pics 284.jpg (30.9 KB, 38 views)
Old 11-15-2011, 10:36

Default Re: Anyone feel like taking a shot at editing?

oops! forgot the last one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg november pics 287.jpg (40.3 KB, 10 views)
Old 11-15-2011, 10:49

Sure I can help, right now I am on a non-calibrated monitor but I can give it a try! Send me the images cbettua @ gmail dot com

Old 11-15-2011, 11:48

I don't know how to edit very well...just wanted to say how cute your kiddos are and that I really like the grey color scheme that you have going!
Old 11-15-2011, 12:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovesupplies View Post
I don't know how to edit very well...just wanted to say how cute your kiddos are and that I really like the grey color scheme that you have going!

Thanks! I got the outfits at Toys R Us for BOGO free so I was super excited about that!!! I love grey (and in fact, my daughter's middle name is Grey) but I don't think the pictures themselves were supposed to come out so grey. Too many shadows
Old 11-15-2011, 12:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbettua View Post
Sure I can help, right now I am on a non-calibrated monitor but I can give it a try! Send me the images cbettua @ gmail dot com

AWESOME! Thanks so much. I think I was attempting something more along the lines of your photos...FAIL!
Old 11-15-2011, 12:18

Did you have the lighting shining directly on your subjects? Was there lighting coming from several directions or just one direction?

From what I've read, the best lighting is diffused or indirect versus direct, and to eliminate shadows you need several light sources. I wish I could help you further, but that is pretty much the extent of my photography knowledge.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:34

Try pulling your subjects further away from the background, that will help you avoid harsh shadows behind them. Gr82cre8 is right about checking your lighting (mwah, Gr82cre8!), but you really only want to have only one source of light. Window light is the best, as ceiling lights will give you shadows under the eyes.

I think it's easier to take photos outside, in the late afternoon when the sun is low in the sky and puts beautiful light in the eyes. Here's a nice article about taking holiday pics.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:12

Ok I worked on some of them. A few tips: You may need another light or a reflector to help with the shadows. As said above pull your subject further away from the background to give depth of field. Your focus is way off, are you manually focusing? You want to focus on the eyes.

I sent you the full res to your email.

Old 11-15-2011, 03:46

Wow, you did a great job editing these!
Sponsored Links