Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE!

Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/)
-   Picture Perfect (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/picture-perfect/)
-   -   I have my big girl panties on - please critique (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/picture-perfect/94149-i-have-my-big-girl-panties-please-critique.html)

BlessedMom 08-12-2011 02:17

I have my big girl panties on - please critique

1 Attachment(s)
I am not at a place that I am comfortable enough with my skills to sell what I make, but I am hoping to in the future. I can't get better without constructive criticism (and a TON of practice). I made this for DD from Janet's tut earlier. What can I improve on the flower and the picture itself to make it competitive to what others are doing? I have an inexpensive camera and am only using picnik to edit now, but hopefully will be investing a better camera in the future.

I know people have lashed at over critique lately, but PLEASE don't let them keep you from critiquing mine.

arcmis 08-12-2011 02:31

Re: I have my big girl panties on - please critique

I think your flower looks great! My only comment would be that I can't tell if the pink sticking out from behind it is a real flower or part of the product... if I look closely I see that it's probably a real flower, but at first glance I wonder what it is... other than that- the product looks really nice

BlessedMom 08-12-2011 02:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by arcmis (Post 1178052)
I think your flower looks great! My only comment would be that I can't tell if the pink sticking out from behind it is a real flower or part of the product... if I look closely I see that it's probably a real flower, but at first glance I wonder what it is... other than that- the product looks really nice

Thank you for the compliment and suggestion. I didn't see that when I took the picture, but you are right. I was trying to thing of some kind of color to take the picture against, but I wouldn't want a customer to wonder what exactly I would be selling.

crystal052605 08-12-2011 02:56

I think you did a wondeful job on the flower, but I agree with the post post above. At first glance, I was thinking "WTHeck is that pink sticking out the back?!?", but then I looked and saw that it was a real flower...lol
Other than that, the picture is great (very clear). Oh, and I think your flower is good enough to sell!

cupcakecutie 08-12-2011 02:58

I think your flower looks fantastic! I agree with pp about the flower. It is a bit distracting.

Also, you might want to choose a different location or time of day for your photos. The light behind your flower detracts from the product and almost draws your eye away from what you should be looking at.

I've had this happen to me before and sometimes you don't notice until after you take the picture.

EweAreMySunshine 08-12-2011 03:04

LOVE IT! Great job!

I agree that a simpler background might make the lace you used pop more.

I can suggest, for photoediting, a great FREE program that runs cleaner and faster than picnik - even on my netbook!

PHOTOSCAPE

the download link isn't very obvious on the page, but it's on the top left above the little boy's picture. The googleads for other editors are tricky!

anyway, I really really really love it. i mean, alot. i have full-time dedicated systems to graphics/photo editing for my photography and design, but in all honesty - to do fast edits that make pictures pop for uploading to etsy or facebook? CAN'T BEAT IT!

- Michelle - 08-12-2011 03:14

awww it's super cute!

I'm going to agree with the above posts, all you need to do is use a different background and better lighting. You need to focus attention on the items you want to sell :smile:

cackysanda 08-12-2011 03:17

Flower is beautiful, only things about the pic is the pink flower sticking out of it and the lighting...I would brighten the pic up some :)

mckenjs 08-12-2011 03:40

I agree with everyone...it's beautiful, YAY!!! I love the fabric you used. I would take the picture somewhere with less shadow... so you can really see the detail of the fabric.

You don't need a fancy camera to get good pics... I take mine in my laundry room on a piece of scrapbook paper or one of my husband shirts. ;;D

ammperry2 08-12-2011 04:49

I think that flower is absolutely gorgeous! That is an excellent job!