New product--2.5' Zebra Printed Grosgrain Ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/peace-sign-grosgrain-ribbon-ads.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-volleyball-forest-green.jpg
New Instructions--How to make korker hair bow using a korker box hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows, hair clips, baby women, toddler, girl, adult, floral design, birthday holiday gift wrapping
New product--star ribbon for cheer bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 08-06-2011, 06:50

Default How'd I do

Here is what I have been working on using gimp for a few things I haven't figured out to much with it and picnik so howd I do?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ladybug2.jpg (46.3 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg ladybug3.jpg (79.5 KB, 69 views)
Sponsored Links

Old 08-07-2011, 12:31

Default Re: How'd I do

I think you did a fine job
Old 08-07-2011, 12:32

like the second pic
Old 08-07-2011, 12:37

thanks I had to use a pretty cheap camera mine is in camera heaven but I think they came out pretty good
Old 08-08-2011, 01:49

The second picture is very nice. The lighting give a glow all around the subject. The first picture is dark on one side and light on the other which is great if that's what you are going for. It is a bit uneven. But love the subject, she's adorable.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:03

It definately wasn't intentional but I didn't realize until about halfway through shooting so alot are like that unfortunately
Old 08-08-2011, 02:07

I think the pics are good. The first shot is great if you just wanted a pic of the little girl as you can't really see much of the product. The second is a great product pic. Love the outfit!
Old 08-08-2011, 02:24

I agree with the note above, the first one doesn't show any product well, but certainly shows off the cute little model :-)

I like the second pic, but you might also try some shots where the background isn't so involved. With all the leaves so close up, I think you lose a bit of focus on the product itself. For instance, I didn't even notice the hat the first time I looked at the pic. I guess it blends in to the chair or something. I'm thinking a pic of the model in a grassy meadow or something with a bright sky background might actually show off the outfit more. :-) Good luck!!
Old 08-08-2011, 02:45

Thank you for the advice, does anyone have tips for showcasing a piece better does it have to do with backround often or just in this case? The first pic was mainly for the models mom I did quite a few just for her because she is a close friend and said she would love for her daughter to model I offered free product and she said she likes my pics so she just wanted those. Plus what a cutie she is with those eyes.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg