http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:33

Default Re: point and shoot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumakasanx3 View Post
I had a P&S and then upgraded to a Cannon Rebel, sometimes you can tweak in PS and it still won't look right, that's what I used to do, but if you take a really good photo there is less editing to do and one saves time. I also had a light box, I found a good tut online and made one, but after upgrading my camera I no longer need it, or the light tent which I think I'm going to destash. I do have photography lights but that's for indoor shots. Like the two attached to this message.

This image was taken with my Cannon Rebel here
and this one too and I really didn't have to edit, just crop, which saves me time adjusting levels etc...

Plus I love my camera for family & outdoor photos. I'm actually getting a macro lens this weekend, because for some of my products I need a better depth of field and really want to get in close. If you can afford to upgrade do it, good quality images sell your products faster.
wow those pics are nice, sharp, and very clear. thanks for the info I love your shop very clean..

I'm still debating on what I should do next but I'm taking well writing the info down to try and see which one works better for my budget right now..lol.. thank you!
Sponsored Links

Old 08-07-2011, 01:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by karyna View Post
I have a huge window in my living room that gets really good light I never though about taking advantage of it dummy me..lol.. I'll have to try that. I just started looking at the gimp tutorials on yt but I think I know what you're talking about. I ask Dana to show me a before and after shot using elements can you share one using gimp please.. I appreciate all the help I can get .. I can do one with elements and one with gimp well 1st I gotta download elements (trial) and then I'll be to do both of them..lol..thanks for your help Jen!
Unfortunately, my toddler walked off with the cord to my camera some time today and so I can't show you right now, BUT I will try to get her to show me where she hid it on Monday. I'm lucky that I found the camera in one of my cupboards!! Cute little stinker...
Old 08-07-2011, 09:28

I would suggest learning your camera. Don't think about how you are going to post process an image, think about how you take a better picture. I would read how to change your camera setting to take in manual. Learn about ISO and Shutter Speed.

You can take great pics with a point and shoot and have a very small amount of post processing. Getting a different camera does not mean you will autimatically get better images if you don't know how to work you camera.

When I started in photography, I bought a Canon Rebel it was the only rebel Canon had out at that time I paid 1200.00. I did research and was able to produce a great image with very little post processing. When I thought I was ready to upgrade I purchased a Canon 50d. Purchase price was close to 3000.00. I was wanting to become a professional photographer. My pictures were so much better on my Canon Rebel. I did not like my new camera at all. I know that neither one of these cameras are point and shoots but I think you can get great pictures with a point and shoot if you learn about it.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:32

I am sure you saw this post, but these are good and taken with a p&s

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/pictu...e-my-pics.html
Old 08-07-2011, 10:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyschmancybyjeni View Post
Unfortunately, my toddler walked off with the cord to my camera some time today and so I can't show you right now, BUT I will try to get her to show me where she hid it on Monday. I'm lucky that I found the camera in one of my cupboards!! Cute little stinker...
lol.. my son loves to take my cords and play hide n seek with them too.. and when I ask him where it is he says it's my turn to look for them..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby77 View Post
I would suggest learning your camera. Don't think about how you are going to post process an image, think about how you take a better picture. I would read how to change your camera setting to take in manual. Learn about ISO and Shutter Speed.

You can take great pics with a point and shoot and have a very small amount of post processing. Getting a different camera does not mean you will autimatically get better images if you don't know how to work you camera.

When I started in photography, I bought a Canon Rebel it was the only rebel Canon had out at that time I paid 1200.00. I did research and was able to produce a great image with very little post processing. When I thought I was ready to upgrade I purchased a Canon 50d. Purchase price was close to 3000.00. I was wanting to become a professional photographer. My pictures were so much better on my Canon Rebel. I did not like my new camera at all. I know that neither one of these cameras are point and shoots but I think you can get great pictures with a point and shoot if you learn about it.
I get what you're saying. I take everything in auto cause every time I move something on my camera my pics looks even more crappy..lol.. I have my manual and have done research but I can't get my camera to give me the clear pics I see with other P&S kwim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby77 View Post
I am sure you saw this post, but these are good and taken with a p&s

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/pictu...e-my-pics.html
I saw this post really nice pics..
Old 08-08-2011, 09:08

Cord found; toddler was innocent. LOL!

Ok, here's a pic of a wreath in my home that I took in really bad light which will give a dramatic effect. The second pic was adjusted with curves. You just grab the line and pull it until you like the effect.

Note: sometimes you can achieve the same effect with curves as with contrast and brightness, but not always & curves do so much more. I have found much better results this way.

Best of luck to you!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3188992152.jpg (30.9 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Wreath.jpg (37.9 KB, 28 views)
Old 08-08-2011, 01:05

Quote:

Ok, here's a pic of a wreath in my home that I took in really bad light which will give a dramatic effect. The second pic was adjusted with curves. You just grab the line and pull it until you like the effect.

Note: sometimes you can achieve the same effect with curves as with contrast and brightness, but not always & curves do so much more. I have found much better results this way.

Best of luck to you!!
wow! now I know what you mean.. I've always used the contrast setting and never the curves.. quite honest I had no idea what it was..lol.. I have to organize my very messy craft room today I moved to my basement way bigger space...lol.. but as soon as I finish I'll snap a pic and show it to you to see how I'm doing if you don't mind.

thank you so much Jen you've been awesome !!
Old 08-08-2011, 01:09

Quote:

Best of luck to you!!
Just noticed that that was your Glory flower.. how cool does that look.. Loving the colors!!
Old 08-08-2011, 10:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by karyna View Post
Just noticed that that was your Glory flower.. how cool does that look.. Loving the colors!!
Aaah; Thanks! I've had so much fun with that flower. I will look forward to seeing your pics!!
Old 08-16-2011, 05:07

Quote:
Aaah; Thanks! I've had so much fun with that flower. I will look forward to seeing your pics!!

here it is..I took the picture in macro mode, diy lightbox, 2 lights with day light bulb need to go to home depot to buy my 3rd one like Dana suggested..I did what you said with the curves on gimp.. how did I do? It's better than the the original right..lol.. thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pink.jpg (17.3 KB, 24 views)
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies