key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:52

Default Re: plus size models

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandmscreations View Post
HAHA! I was going to say what Dana said! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahMerritt_22 View Post
I might be interested... what are you looking for to be modeled? ...just a fyi my hair is down past my butt...
Thank you Sarah.. You are very pretty ...I make all type of fabric accessories.. Hair fabric flowers, rolled rosette necklaces, earrings, brooches, and bracelets..

Quote:
Originally Posted by asirual View Post
Can I just say that I love this

Like you said, all I ever see are these skinny models.. Being a plus size woman, I would much rather buy a product that a bigger girl has modeled.

When ever I see those stick thin models wearing something I am considering buying, I think "Will I look as good in it as she does?". I almost always say nah and put it back.
isn't that the truth...lol.. I'm the same way.. and selling online I think it's even harder for a plus size girl to see themselves wearing something that a skinny girl is wearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missdana1105 View Post
Ha thats the story of my life too! I decided to finally stop dieting and I've maintained for about a year but I really need to loose weight for health reasons. Too many issues for how young I am. I am just trying to find a balance between dieting and living a normal life. The whole healthy life style idea.

Anyways what do you make?
I know what you mean.. I got ya..

I have to lose quite a few pounds to feel better but I'll never be what the chart says I should be.. I never was 125 lbs and never will..lol.. I just don't want my joints to ache all the time I know I need to do something about it but I need to be ready and that's why I'm working on loving and accepting myself just the way I am before I get on another diet hating the way I look.. kwim? oh and I make all types of fabric accessories..

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyedsweetie View Post
Maybe you should ask some plus sized ladies to model your items.
Not that models are bad or anything but there are tons of gorgeous ladies who are models.

I am plus sized myself. Just saying
thank you.. I'll be doing that..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkigriffis View Post
plus sized here too! My whole family is small so it's kinda strange??
I'm surrounded by mostly skinny females in my family so I'm kinda like the oddball when we get together..lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmisook View Post
this is a great thread! it's good to know that we all go through the gaining/losing/dieting/fine with who we are/dieting again thing!!

Dana - you look gorgeous in your profile pic!!
yes it is isn't it..
Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2011, 07:10

I would be willing to help you out too! Looks like you have found the perfect forum/thread for finding your "models". Makes it so much easier knowing that not all of the women here are the skinny girls! lol I love all you skinny girls. But I love my Plus Size Girls too!
Old 07-15-2011, 08:21
Banned

I would be intrested. Im not plus sized but am thick I dont know if that would be what you are looking for.

pics are with makeup when I modeled for my friend upcoming webiste

I can do light make up too, I really dont wear makeup but that look was what my frined was looking for
Attached Images
File Type: jpg oct nov 016.jpg (40.2 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg oct nov 014.jpg (44.2 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg me.jpg (28.1 KB, 36 views)
Old 07-15-2011, 10:27

Loving this thread! Im a plus sized girl myself! I Love taking pics too! What an awesome idea!
Old 07-15-2011, 11:02

thank you so much ladies.. it means so much to me that you guys are willing to help me out.. I'm going to start working on a few things and I'll let you know when they are ready.. I'm so extremely Thankful!!!!
Old 07-15-2011, 11:48

Plus size here too.
Nothing is more annoying than shopping a plus size website (or section in the store) and seeing the items modeled on someone who is CLEARLY not plus sized!

Old 07-16-2011, 12:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaW View Post
Plus size here too.
Nothing is more annoying than shopping a plus size website (or section in the store) and seeing the items modeled on someone who is CLEARLY not plus sized!

lol.. I know exactly what you mean.. after 4 pregnancies One of them a c-section I'm pudgy and wanted to buy a body shaper.. well of course
I'm not gonna find one at Victoria's Secret so I looked at a plus size store.. and this is what I found.. http://www.kiyonna.com/plus-size-clo..._Shapers2.html

really?
Old 07-16-2011, 01:48

Ahhh I could just hug everyone on this thread LOL. I've lately been in a rut because of feeling like an overweight frumpy mama(and not much feeling like a woman...just mom). I know for health reasons I need to lose weight(I'm a diabetic but have been controlling it without needing the meds anymore) My 2yr old always poke me in the belly when I ask him where is his belly & I tell him that stomach is because of you & then I look at my 10 yr old and tell him my other stomach is from him
Good to see some many plus sized "sisters"

Nikky
Old 07-16-2011, 01:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by karyna View Post
lol.. I know exactly what you mean.. after 4 pregnancies One of them a c-section I'm pudgy and wanted to buy a body shaper.. well of course
I'm not gonna find one at Victoria's Secret so I looked at a plus size store.. and this is what I found.. http://www.kiyonna.com/plus-size-clo..._Shapers2.html

really?
I wish I was that PLUS SIZED! LOL Seriously? If you want to sell me something. Advertise it on someone who looks like me!
Old 07-16-2011, 02:17

Yeeeaaahhh if it put on one of those little tiny skinny woman body shapers I'd look like a busted can of biscuits! Not pretty.
Sponsored Links