150-forum-ads
hip girl boutique ballet dance gymnastic skating bun cover rhinestone hip girl boutique 40pc grosgrain ribbon wrapped 2 inch snap clips barrettes hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows clips
hip girl boutique 18pc grosgrain mini bow tie hair bow clips for baby infant toddler women adult
hip girl sparkle glitter headbands for dancing ballet stage cheerleading girls women high school college
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3in-spike-bows-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 07-07-2011, 05:34

Default first time editing...

Ok ladies, please be honest! Let me know what you think of these pics. It was my very first time using any editing programs. Also my camera is very basic! these were all just taken in the backyard with the camera on auto...

....also these pics were originally intended to show off some bows but ended up being more about the girls!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kaylie1.jpg (54.3 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg kaylie3.jpg (36.2 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg kaylie5.jpg (35.1 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg kaylie6.jpg (34.2 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg KAYLIE7.jpg (66.6 KB, 22 views)

www.facebook.com/jettabettabowtique
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2011, 05:37

Default Re: first time editing...

just a few more.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kaylie4.jpg (35.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg tamia4.jpg (42.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg tamia3.jpg (31.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg tamia2.jpg (26.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg tamia1.jpg (24.4 KB, 5 views)

Old 07-07-2011, 05:43

Cute kids! My thoughts are to be careful when you change the saturation and the contrast on the pictures when editing. Those tools are there to offer help to an already beautiful picture. Not to change the look completely. If you want, post an original and I can change it up a little. Otherwise, keep trying and you will eventually get it. It took me a little while and I have finally gotten the hang of it.
What program are you using to edit your photos?
Old 07-07-2011, 06:01

thanks for the advice. I just used picnik. Here are a few originals, but they are not the best, like I said ,a very basic camera, not to mention unattentive models, lol!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2971.jpg (38.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN3002.jpg (24.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2995.jpg (37.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN3106.jpg (25.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN3168.jpg (25.3 KB, 3 views)

Old 07-07-2011, 06:25

As you can see I didn't change a whole lot. I just made the colors a little more rich. I understand the uncooperative models! lol The first one is your original the second is the touchup. On your camera turn off the date and time. That will help any picture out a little. HTH! Just remember. Don't try to change a lot about your pictures. It takes away from the natural beauty.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2995 (1).jpg (37.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2995.jpg (158.7 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by mandmscreations; 07-07-2011 at 06:27.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:30

In this picture I love how blue her eyes are against her pale skin. The pink really pops against her. Again I just cropped, and added a little richness to it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN3002.jpg (60.2 KB, 15 views)
Old 07-07-2011, 06:35

One more! lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2971 (1).jpg (149.8 KB, 7 views)
Old 07-07-2011, 08:39

by the contrast and saturation, she means the colors are tweaked too far......... its turning their faces yellow / orange...... the more contrast you add, the brighter the lightest spots on the photo show, like an eraser rubbed on a photo...

increase the brightness / contrast up a little at a time. be careful on picnik using tools with awkward coloring like ortonish, boost, vibrance, etc........... all tools on picnik are amazing tools when practiced over and over and you get the knack of it.............

I use two editing programs, one is picnik, and the other is a microsoft imaging program.... i find picnik easier to use for a lot of small fixes though...... keep at it after a year and a half of using the two programs together, here is my skill..... i attached a before / after of my work from photo taken to photo edited..... together and then separately to really separate the differences for you to see
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ba 2.jpg (38.7 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg blaine modeling 305 (2).jpg (56.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg blaine modeling 305 1.jpg (53.4 KB, 19 views)
Old 07-07-2011, 08:41

I don't edit so lightly as the one above though, mine takes many tools, technique perfection and 10-30 minutes per photo most of the time, but for the photos i offer, its necessary and worth my time <3 I have alot of competition and i must offer the best i can to keep my name at the top in my area.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:12

ok is this any better? I am trying to understand what you ladies are saying but it is so hard for me, i like things a little different, but i understand most people don't so i am trying to make them better!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 263039_1930488939763_1168411667_31915327_8227332_n.jpg (28.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg tamia 6.jpg (39.7 KB, 13 views)

Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.