http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:04

Default photo shoot opportunity. Freaking out just a little!

Okay a photographer friend and I have been trying to plan something for awhile. It was supposed to be are two 10 year olds. Well the girls weren't super excited, especially mine. She is way more into the design aspect then modeling. So my dd will be gone for the next two weeks. We decided to open it up and advertise it. However, that was Wed she asked me. She has rented some lenses and has to return them next wed.

Anyway long story short. When I looked last night she had 2 girls. This morning she gives me a list of like 8-10 girls. Okay great, but I don't have that much stuff made up! I mean, I have some tutu's and stuff. But if I really wanted to showcase my products. I would have outfits made up for each girl ect... I actually took some of my stuff to a store earlier in the week too! Okay, freaking out just a little. I will be gone until Sun morning, then I work all day Sunday and Monday. how will I ever do it???????

It's a great opportunity but just not very well planned. Yikes!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 06-17-2011, 09:05

Default Re: photo shoot opportunity. Freaking out just a little!

oh well, make the best of it! it will be fun.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:17

Yikes, Any chance you can split the models for next weekend or the next. That is alot! Are the Models keeping what you make? If you are they might argue about it. If not I think you can do it!! Can't wait to see pics!
Old 06-17-2011, 09:38

I just talked to her, and I don't think it will be as bad, as I thought. There is a 3 mth old, 9 month, 18, 2, 3, 5 and two 10's. She adverstised it as a product shoot, and that the items were for sale. So no, no one thinks the items are for free. But she is offering an 8x10. When she sends those, I am going to send a bow with it. That gives me more time too get that part done at least.

I already have some stuff and luckily, i already sold her a tutu and wings. So were going to use that. It sounds really awesome. Were going to to do the 10 year olds as punk rockers. The 5 year old as a cowgirl, and have some fairies and princesses with the younger girls. I think it's going to be awesome! She has a location picked out that sounds perfect, barn, field, water ect.. Were meeting Mon and driving out there to check it out.

Wow, I have to go pack to go away for the weekend. So I can get back and get this all done! Dropping my kids off at grandma's for two weeks!
Old 06-17-2011, 10:33

Yay! Okay didn't want the kids to get there feeling hurt. When I was little I always had to play as snow white! Because my friends were blonde they said I couldn't be cinderella. I know sometimes if they have their heart set on a particular item, let em model it even if you don't intend on using it. If time allows of course!
Old 06-17-2011, 07:31

oh, man. Snow White is my favorite! So that was the first tutu dress I ever made. So I already asked if she had a dark haired little girl for it. I will try not to show it, if she is a blond. lol!
Old 06-17-2011, 07:45

yeah the colors are great for it! But when I was little cinderella and Arielle were the Favs. Also tutus and tutu dresses weren't around for me to wear. I probably would have jumped right on being snow white if we had them. Back then we only had our imaginations!
Old 06-17-2011, 11:12

[email protected] that many kiddos. Make the best of the situation. I'm sure it'll turn out great. Sounds like you have some really cute things that will make the little girls extra happy to model. Probably make a few sales from it too. Good luck.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:12

Sounds like you've got it worked out pretty well. I hope everything goes well for you. You'll have to show us some pics when you get them.

Join us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/BlueBirchBoutique
Old 06-19-2011, 08:33

My friend and I should do this. She could really get the word out about her Photography and she does bows with me too so we could get some good product shots. I figure you may end up with some new customers when the moms see cute stuff on their kids.
Sponsored Links