New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
Unique ebooks, accessories, little pink ladybug

Clickin' Moms
10% off: FRIEND

ribbon sculpture tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 06-19-2011, 03:03
Default Re: photo shoot opportunity. Freaking out just a little!

I actually have done this with quite a few, or have plans too. I have this friend that I am doing it with. Then I have 2 other girls here in town. I have a tentative set up with the other girl to do something the following week. She also has one of my dresses now, and is supposed to photograph her dd for me in it. She is one, and super cute. I am not expecting that all the pics will be super professional. But it gives her some practice time and I get something in return.

The other girl I have just kind of an open thing with. She will call me when she has an appropiate client. She is doing a lot of weddings right now.

Then I have a sil in NC that bought some tutus from me. I gave her a deal, plus sent some goodies and in exchange she is going to do pics. She is awesome! I can't wait.

That's kind of how i have been able to do it. Just talk to people I know. I think even friends with cute kids and decent cameras would love to do it. lol!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2011, 03:08

Originally Posted by bcarson View Post
Okay a photographer friend and I have been trying to plan something for awhile. It was supposed to be are two 10 year olds. Well the girls weren't super excited, especially mine. She is way more into the design aspect then modeling. So my dd will be gone for the next two weeks. We decided to open it up and advertise it. However, that was Wed she asked me. She has rented some lenses and has to return them next wed.

Anyway long story short. When I looked last night she had 2 girls. This morning she gives me a list of like 8-10 girls. Okay great, but I don't have that much stuff made up! I mean, I have some tutu's and stuff. But if I really wanted to showcase my products. I would have outfits made up for each girl ect... I actually took some of my stuff to a store earlier in the week too! Okay, freaking out just a little. I will be gone until Sun morning, then I work all day Sunday and Monday. how will I ever do it???????

It's a great opportunity but just not very well planned. Yikes!
Just work with what you got. If you can't use all of the girls then tell her to keep them in mind for the next shoot should this one go well. (sorry did not ready the other reply posts so not sure if anyone mentioned the same thing as I did)
Old 06-21-2011, 09:47

okay, we pulled it off despite what seemed like 40 mile per hour winds. . It would have been better had it not been for the wind. I had decorations we could not hang up. We also had to move fast because it was going to storm. But I made $40 bucks off the mom's and I think gained some customers. I hope I can pair up with her again. I can't wait for the pics. She said it might be a month. She just shot a big wedding with over 1500 pics! I am scheduing something next weekend with another friend.
Sponsored Links