New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 06-15-2011, 11:57

Default So I am curious

I have you Ellie Bean Moda Munchkin and other sites to book models-trade clothes for photos- and some of these models use professional photographers. So the parents/model get to keep the products we send and the photograph, what do the photographers get out of it? Are these models paying the photographers?

Im just curious
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 06-16-2011, 12:07

Default Re: So I am curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERIKA_fAZ View Post
I have you Ellie Bean Moda Munchkin and other sites to book models-trade clothes for photos- and some of these models use professional photographers. So the parents/model get to keep the products we send and the photograph, what do the photographers get out of it? Are these models paying the photographers?

Im just curious
Some models pay photographers, others have a deal with the models and give them free / discounted shoots, because they are building a portfolio themselves and getting their names out there as well. I deal differently, I am a pro photographer and i use the girls i shoot for to model items for boutiques. I keep the items so that all the girls i shoot for can enjoy them, and i offer a discounted rate and 2-3 times the regular number of photos because they are doing me a favor.

They benefit by getting a discounted session and basically getting 2-3 sessions in one, all in new items that is unlike any others I've done.

I benefit because it expands my props / items to use for my sessions AND i still make some money to pay bills with. (Stay at home mom for a family of 5... love getting new things, but a hair bow doesn't pay the house payment lol!)

The boutique benefits because they are guaranteed great quality photos without guessing if the comp-card matches up with what they return you. Plus, you can't always tell a model's personality by their card, and I know all of my models on a more personal note and when knowing what age the boutique would like i can find them the most appropriate model for the style to showcase their work
Old 06-16-2011, 12:11

Definitely agree with Ashley she's the best out there!

Aside from photographers, I think a lot of the model moms are photographers or dabble in photography themselves. I don't really like using people who need to actually book their own session at a photographer because unfortunately, I ended up with horrible pictures a few times because "their photographer wasn't available". It's really a gamble. It all seems so sweet that you get pictures for product, but if I start calculating how much product I sent out and wasn't happy with the photos... I'm sure it'll add up to quite a bit. It's a real gamble. Some modeling agencies also allow you to book directly with a photographer - which would be the same situation as Ashley. You know the photographer's style, and you trust them to get you the models you need. HTH!
Old 06-16-2011, 10:34

so can you book like a certain photographer instead of the model? They are some photographers I would love to work with!
Old 06-16-2011, 11:05

Yes this is a great option too because photographers have access to alot of different ages. On a side note I don't know how the models afford to go to a professional studio to model all the items they get unless they have their own deal with local photographer. I'd be in the poor house If I didn't take my baby's pics.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkigriffis View Post
Yes this is a great option too because photographers have access to alot of different ages. On a side note I don't know how the models afford to go to a professional studio to model all the items they get unless they have their own deal with local photographer. I'd be in the poor house If I didn't take my baby's pics.
That was what I was thinking. Some of the photographers seem pretty established. Maybe there have personal relationships and they do it as a favor
Old 06-16-2011, 01:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarson View Post
so can you book like a certain photographer instead of the model? They are some photographers I would love to work with!
Yes, if the agency you're using has that option. I know Little Diamond Models has it. Not sure about the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkigriffis View Post
I don't get it either. I personally think this modeling thing has gotten WAY out of hand. Every other baby is suddenly a model and every other mom is suddenly a photographer. Some of the photos are REALLY terrible. They're doing it for the free bows, and I feel like this affects our sales. I have people send me messages "oh, I love this bow; can I model it for you" SERIOUSLY?! If you love it, BUY it.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:25

uh oh! Hope I'm not in that category!
Old 06-17-2011, 09:57

I know on my part I want her to get picked so I can show her later. Like look they chose you! And keep the stuff as a keepsake. Not for the free stuff because I have $100 in this now. Husband don't read! If she isn't booked by the time her subscriptions expire I'll take the hint! We don't do pageants because If she lost I would cry because I would think they didn't like her.
Sponsored Links