ribbon and bows and free hairbow instructions

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/peony-ad.gif
7-8 zebra and leopard grosgrain ribbon
New product--7/8' sister ribbon
Mini Pinwheel Bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 05-18-2011, 12:50

Default Re: Tell me what you think about my photography skills...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess9737 View Post
I think it looks professional ~ and she's adorable!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by masha1999 View Post
Nicely done! She's adorable! The pink and her skin tones look great against the white. My eye is drawn to her and not the background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookshomemadegoods View Post
She is beautiful. If you ever want to trade product for pictures please let me know.
I'm not much help with the pictures. I take horrible ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNice123 View Post
Your baby is precious cute pic!

Thank you ladies!!
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:00

she is adorable!
I think the pic looks fine (excusing the backdrop thing)
I take lousy pics so maybe I am not much help!

My PM Box is always kept full!

Shows & MrsSprinkle.com keep me busy!
(ask about the second one if you are interested in supplementing your show income, too!)
Old 05-18-2011, 01:41

Now. see I like the first one much better. The hints of gray in the background work much better for me than the stark white does.

Have fun with it!
Old 05-18-2011, 09:59

I generally only shoot at a 2.8 so you must have just missed your focus point make sure you always have your focus point on the eye when you take the photo it still misses sometimes with autofocus and gets the headband but more often that not the face with be your focus point oh and make sure your shutter speed is fast enough that can really effect it as well i try to keep mine at 200.

as for the wrinkles make another layer then take a soft brush and place it over the color you are wanting to pick up on the photo press alt and click your mouse then you color it over the areas with wrinkles you probably want your opacity down to 60%ish if you get any on areas you dont want just take your eraser and clean it up! (not sure if that makes sense!!)

[/QUOTE]Hey girly! thanks for cleaning the background up. I was trying to find ways to remove the wrinkles on photoshop but didn't know where to start. lol What did you do to it, if you don't mind me asking. So the pic is a little soft? Do you think it could be sharper? At what f-stop do you usually shoot with? I think this one was at 4.5, any higher, i'd have to go up in iso and i get scared of it being too "noisy or grainy if i do that.[/QUOTE]
Old 05-18-2011, 07:56

I think it looks fine. Your daughter is so damn cute!!
Old 05-18-2011, 10:35

she's adorable! the pic is good and I agree with the background issue. Great job! you are gonna sell lots!
Old 05-19-2011, 06:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookshomemadegoods View Post
She is beautiful. If you ever want to trade product for pictures please let me know.
I'm not much help with the pictures. I take horrible ones.
I would love to! Problem is, I can't even get around to taking pics of her in my stuff. lol Once, I get my backdrops, I will probably start shooting some more. Would you like me to message you once i do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KorkerMom View Post
she is adorable!
I think the pic looks fine (excusing the backdrop thing)
I take lousy pics so maybe I am not much help!
lol, I'm sure your pics are not as bad as i use to take mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masha1999 View Post
Now. see I like the first one much better. The hints of gray in the background work much better for me than the stark white does.

Have fun with it!
wow good to know too! i guess everyone has their preference. thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brezzamagoo View Post
I think it looks fine. Your daughter is so damn cute!!
Thank you! that makes me feel good as a mother. hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronicascloset View Post
she's adorable! the pic is good and I agree with the background issue. Great job! you are gonna sell lots!
Thank you...I wished I was selling a lot right now. lol
Old 05-19-2011, 06:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysweetbowtique View Post
I generally only shoot at a 2.8 so you must have just missed your focus point make sure you always have your focus point on the eye when you take the photo it still misses sometimes with autofocus and gets the headband but more often that not the face with be your focus point oh and make sure your shutter speed is fast enough that can really effect it as well i try to keep mine at 200.

as for the wrinkles make another layer then take a soft brush and place it over the color you are wanting to pick up on the photo press alt and click your mouse then you color it over the areas with wrinkles you probably want your opacity down to 60%ish if you get any on areas you dont want just take your eraser and clean it up! (not sure if that makes sense!!)
Hey girly! thanks for cleaning the background up. I was trying to find ways to remove the wrinkles on photoshop but didn't know where to start. lol What did you do to it, if you don't mind me asking. So the pic is a little soft? Do you think it could be sharper? At what f-stop do you usually shoot with? I think this one was at 4.5, any higher, i'd have to go up in iso and i get scared of it being too "noisy or grainy if i do that.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

yea it totally made sense! lol you meant for me to pretty much use the eyedropper tool to pick up the color right next to the wrinkle and soft brush it over the wrinkle at a lower opacity right? lol hope i got it right. Do you use any actions on your pics or do you just enhance colors when it comes to editing? I asked coz I know some photographers sometimes use actions like "a hint of honey" or something like that, i use some of coffeeshops actions but for this pic i just brightened it a bit. thank you! you're so kind to want to help.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:31

She is too cute! Love the pic!
Old 05-19-2011, 09:41

I agree about the image looking soft. The f/stop isn't near as important as your shutter speed. I try to never shoot below 125 if I don't have to (especially on a toddler) Grain is MUCH better than a soft image.

this doesn't look like you have camera shake/movement as much as it does that you missed the focus. Try focusing right on the corner of her eye. Your camera needs contrast to grab focus, and that's a great place.

Another tip, when the subject is angled towards you, focus on the closest eye.

I also agree about the background - I despise white, wrinkled sheets. If you want to shoot on white, I'd suggest investing in white tile board for your subject to sit on - anchors them to the floor instead of looking like a floating baby.

And you don't have to have backgrounds. Shoot wide open outdoors - create some bokeh, and have beautiful natural light images.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies