http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-50yd-grosgrain-animal-print-combo-103114.jpg
New product--1' circle punch/paper shaper for bottle cap picture
New products--Ribbon wrapped 50mm snap clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/120pc-2.5-korker-assorted-.JPG

turtle embellishments--ribbon sculpture

skull rockabilly grosgrain ribbon

braided headband base

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:32

Default Re: Ellie Bean and Models

I agree 100%. She was actually on my list of models to send stuff to based on work she did for other boutiques. Now I am rethinking using her.

I always choose models based on their previous work NEVER their comp card but apparently you can still go wrong that way too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovertine View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that. My DH thought I was being picky at first, until I showed him her other work. Then he decided I got screwed over, lol.

I agree, that's the best advice. Unfortunately, I had seen her other work (at least some of it, I'm not sure if it was everything though) & I don't feel like this is the same quality she had for other boutique's. Thankfully, Alexi is already e-mailing the mom to ask her to reshoot & I'm trying to edit a couple to get them closer to what I was looking for.

I am going to be very, very selective about the models I use from EB from this point forward (& I thought I was already!) & probably focus on sending products to photographers that I trust more than anything. I would rather have professional photography than being able to select my model.
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 04-28-2011, 05:21

Yours are spectacular compared to the ones I just got back from her.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:32

Thats the one thing I hear back from the ladies i work with that use modeling pages... is that the models photos aren't up to par with their comp cards.... I listed Kaiya with Ellie Bean, and Little Diamond Models, but I still trade with boutiques alot more through my page Boutique Modeling and Trading Services. They like that they're dealing with a photographer rather than several individual models... It cuts out the middle man and rather than having to mail out 5 packages to 5 different models, they send it to one photographer and can still get 5 different models. Plus they know the quality. I always tell my boutiques, if you aren't happy with some of the photos or you want something a little different, tell me and i will gladly reshoot... I'd rather they be 100% satisfied than be left disappointed because its not quite what they wanted! You should never be unhappy with you're photos. Having your products modeled should result in good quality photos that are visually appealing that can help to boost your business and your sales. Have you ever walked into a clothing store, and saw a product hanging on a hanger, and thought, i'd never wear that? Then you walk over and see it on a manikin, layered with other products and accessorized, and thought wow that looks amazing and ended up purchasing it? That is the effect of modeled photos of your product! They see different angles of the product, the size of it, and how it looks when being worn! It helps capture their attention more than just looking at the piece itself. Plus, I enjoy modeling items on several age groups and with different styles of clothing to show that every piece is versatile. I hope you ladies all get amazing pictures that you love back. Its not fair to be left feeling disappointed.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealove4 View Post
I agree 100%. She was actually on my list of models to send stuff to based on work she did for other boutiques. Now I am rethinking using her.

I always choose models based on their previous work NEVER their comp card but apparently you can still go wrong that way too.
I am really relieved to hear that from someone else. I don't feel like I'm being unreasonable, I sent her a lot of $$ worth of products, & I feel like the photos were not worth the products I sent her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmom8497 View Post
Yours are spectacular compared to the ones I just got back from her.
Uh-oh, were yours of the green tutu (I think? Going off my memory!)? The collage after mine on EB was bad, I felt bad when I saw it, too. You should ask for a reshoot. I don't know that it will be any better, but I am really hoping. I am tempted to ask for my products to be returned if I can't get pictures that I like. I have no idea what will happen if I ask that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleycurtice View Post
Thats the one thing I hear back from the ladies i work with that use modeling pages... is that the models photos aren't up to par with their comp cards.... I listed Kaiya with Ellie Bean, and Little Diamond Models, but I still trade with boutiques alot more through my page Boutique Modeling and Trading Services. They like that they're dealing with a photographer rather than several individual models... It cuts out the middle man and rather than having to mail out 5 packages to 5 different models, they send it to one photographer and can still get 5 different models. Plus they know the quality. I always tell my boutiques, if you aren't happy with some of the photos or you want something a little different, tell me and i will gladly reshoot... I'd rather they be 100% satisfied than be left disappointed because its not quite what they wanted! You should never be unhappy with you're photos. Having your products modeled should result in good quality photos that are visually appealing that can help to boost your business and your sales. Have you ever walked into a clothing store, and saw a product hanging on a hanger, and thought, i'd never wear that? Then you walk over and see it on a manikin, layered with other products and accessorized, and thought wow that looks amazing and ended up purchasing it? That is the effect of modeled photos of your product! They see different angles of the product, the size of it, and how it looks when being worn! It helps capture their attention more than just looking at the piece itself. Plus, I enjoy modeling items on several age groups and with different styles of clothing to show that every piece is versatile. I hope you ladies all get amazing pictures that you love back. Its not fair to be left feeling disappointed.
I appreciate your stance on it. I feel like some of the models treat it as if they're doing boutiques a big favor & don't have to supply nice photos. Believe me, I appreciate the work of the photographers I've worked with immensely. You hit the nail on the head, the photos are what sell the product. That is the only thing customers have to connect to your items, it has to give off a great first impression & make them want to buy your stuff.

I have always gone through the actual photos provided to boutiques when choosing models & it is really disappointing to have done that & still get photos back that aren't on the same level.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:15

Uh-oh, were yours of the green tutu (I think? Going off my memory!)? The collage after mine on EB was bad, I felt bad when I saw it, too. You should ask for a reshoot. I don't know that it will be any better, but I am really hoping. I am tempted to ask for my products to be returned if I can't get pictures that I like. I have no idea what will happen if I ask that.

YUP, the skirt part is one SIDEWAYS! I gave detailed, specific directions for it too. It's a Tiana inspired dress and it looks so bad in those pics.
I did ask for a re-shoot. I said I need at least one good picture with the dress on the RIGHT WAY.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:31

Quote:

YUP, the skirt part is one SIDEWAYS! I gave detailed, specific directions for it too. It's a Tiana inspired dress and it looks so bad in those pics.
I did ask for a re-shoot. I said I need at least one good picture with the dress on the RIGHT WAY.
Oh, ya, I agree the pictures were not good. It is so frustrating! And like you, I was specific with how I wanted the photos to look & was really disappointed to see that the photos were not remotely close to what I asked for.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:48

I'm sending a package to Nicky R. tomorrow. Has anyone used her before?
Old 04-28-2011, 05:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendymom View Post
I'm sending a package to Nicky R. tomorrow. Has anyone used her before?

No worries there, she's awesome! Her mom is the photg. One of the best!
Old 04-28-2011, 05:13

Quote:
No worries there, she's awesome! Her mom is the photg. One of the best!
Yay!
Old 04-28-2011, 05:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovertine View Post
Oh, ya, I agree the pictures were not good. It is so frustrating! And like you, I was specific with how I wanted the photos to look & was really disappointed to see that the photos were not remotely close to what I asked for.
I just saw some on your FB and they were very cute. Is that the same one you're mentioning?
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg