New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:02

Default Re: Ellie Bean and Models

I really like the idea of this thread! I am in a rush (hate to post & run, but I have to get my HG fix, lol!) but I've used quite a few models so far, & the ones that I absolutely loved are Della, Kylie & Kayla (photos by Alexi - Child Essence) & Chrissy, Claire, Adrianna A., & Kailynn G. (all photographed by Jamie Gress - beautiful photos!), & I've used Ellie, as well as a newborn model through Child Essence. Those are my favorites to date.

I'm waiting for photos back from Macie (9 months I think?), Emerald, Leila M., and maybe 3 or 4 others, but I can't think of their names now.

I will say that I am a little concerned about a package I sent out almost a month ago to Bailey (6 months & no longer on there!), that was sent priority to make it in time for a scheduled shoot she had. I know it reached her on time thanks to DC, but after talking to the photographer she had her shoot with yesterday, I found out that she didn't bring any items from me. I e-mailed EB to see what's up, but haven't heard back yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by missdana1105 View Post
Shes cute but she looks angry in a lot of the pictures! lol

I have used Ashlinn D shes a cute girl and the pics were ok, there was a weird yellow thing in the background of all the pics and her hair could have used a brushing! lol I wasn't too happy and couldn't use most of them, this was a better one with some editing. Also when I save and upload the photos all of mine get this weird blue tint and I don't know why!

I also got pictures from Bailey B, good quality nice looking pics. There was some mix up and I got someone elses pics and they missed some of mine but were aware of it and trying to fix it, still don't have my pics of my other items and they were sent out in early March.

I also sent some items to another model by Ellie Bean had a wrong address and it was sent back to me, which took WEEKS to get to me. I still haven't had a chance to get the package back out. They offered to pay for the new shipping.
HEY! I have your pictures! I thought that when I asked them to send me mine, because they were swapped out with yours, they would've sent yours straight to you. If you want to PM me your e-mail, I can send you the ones I have!
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 04-23-2011, 11:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovertine View Post

HEY! I have your pictures! I thought that when I asked them to send me mine, because they were swapped out with yours, they would've sent yours straight to you. If you want to PM me your e-mail, I can send you the ones I have!
Sent you a pm, thanks!
Old 04-23-2011, 11:21

I use Little Diamond models for my boutique too,, she is very nice and FAST to get back with you... My daughter Laylei is listed with Oleeo models and i wouldnt recommended using them.. she is sooo slow and i we have gotton lots of jobs threw them but she takes so long to get the pictures to the boutiques and its just BAD,, so i'm listing Laylei to little diamonds as soon as i get time,, Ive never really even looked at Ellie Bean,, Maybe i should!
Old 04-24-2011, 12:50

Quote:
I really like the idea of this thread! I am in a rush (hate to post & run, but I have to get my HG fix, lol!) but I've used quite a few models so far, & the ones that I absolutely loved are Della, Kylie & Kayla (photos by Alexi - Child Essence) & Chrissy, Claire, Adrianna A., & Kailynn G. (all photographed by Jamie Gress - beautiful photos!), & I've used Ellie, as well as a newborn model through Child Essence. Those are my favorites to date.

I'm waiting for photos back from Macie (9 months I think?), Emerald, Leila M., and maybe 3 or 4 others, but I can't think of their names now.
I sent my first packages out earlier this week. I am excited for them to come back. I am trying out Macie (the 9 month old). She is a doll and I can't wait!

Old 04-24-2011, 01:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibug View Post
I sent my first packages out earlier this week. I am excited for them to come back. I am trying out Macie (the 9 month old). She is a doll and I can't wait!
I agree, she is a real cutie pie!
Old 04-24-2011, 10:27

I've used Gracelyn and Bria and loved both.

JoMarie
Old 04-28-2011, 12:13

I just got photos back from one of the models (Leila M. 3yrs) & I am really disappointed in them. IMO, they are not up to par with the photos on her comp. card & even if they were, I sent 5 products & got 7 pictures back - it's not like they are 7 great pictures - I would be fine with 7 good pictures. I just don't think these are doing much for my products.

This is her photo on EB: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

I'm attaching the collage I got back, which has every photo I received on it. I am going to ask for a reshoot, I am really bummed, I had high hopes for these ones.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pictures10.jpg (127.7 KB, 159 views)
Old 04-28-2011, 12:57

Quote:
I just got photos back from one of the models (Leila M. 3yrs) & I am really disappointed in them. IMO, they are not up to par with the photos on her comp. card & even if they were, I sent 5 products & got 7 pictures back - it's not like they are 7 great pictures - I would be fine with 7 good pictures. I just don't think these are doing much for my products.

This is her photo on EB: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

I'm attaching the collage I got back, which has every photo I received on it. I am going to ask for a reshoot, I am really bummed, I had high hopes for these ones.
That's too bad. I would agree though. The product is definitely not featured very well.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:03

The best advice....do not go by a comp card. Look at the albums where they have modeled for other boutiques and it will give you a good idea of what kind of pictures you will get back. It's not really fair to the the girls who haven't done work for anyone yet, but I've decided I'm not "taking a chance" on anyone else.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibug View Post
That's too bad. I would agree though. The product is definitely not featured very well.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that. My DH thought I was being picky at first, until I showed him her other work. Then he decided I got screwed over, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerandHoney View Post
The best advice....do not go by a comp card. Look at the albums where they have modeled for other boutiques and it will give you a good idea of what kind of pictures you will get back. It's not really fair to the the girls who haven't done work for anyone yet, but I've decided I'm not "taking a chance" on anyone else.
I agree, that's the best advice. Unfortunately, I had seen her other work (at least some of it, I'm not sure if it was everything though) & I don't feel like this is the same quality she had for other boutique's. Thankfully, Alexi is already e-mailing the mom to ask her to reshoot & I'm trying to edit a couple to get them closer to what I was looking for.

I am going to be very, very selective about the models I use from EB from this point forward (& I thought I was already!) & probably focus on sending products to photographers that I trust more than anything. I would rather have professional photography than being able to select my model.
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies