key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 07-20-2011, 01:49

Default Re: Ellie Bean and Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairytalesfireflies View Post
To be honest no I have not. I never like to be a pain and I know that things happen. Im going to wait a few more days and if I dont have pics Im going to ask about them.
I know what you mean.. Good Luck!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2011, 07:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by karyna View Post
it's been a couple of months now..I emailed Alexi about it but she hasn't heard anything back yet.. I sent her 2 headbands that I need for my adult/ teen section but I'm just gonna give up on that.. I used between 15-20 girls and only a handful sent usable shots.. I'm very disappointed in the way the some models sent back the pictures but there was nothing I can do about it..lesson learned. I want to try simply posh and moda to see how it goes with them.. Alexi is always nice to me though so I feel like I'm betraying her for going with someone else..lol.. crazy right?
yeah I saw how busy she was.. how many employees does she have or is it only her?
I think Carrie has been working on things as well. I don't know Carrie - if that's her name LOL - but she has had some help when things get heavy I think.
I had that same issue like i said so I just shot a message over to Alexi to ask her to forward and see if they could return the portion that were not modeled. Crossing fingers they take it into consideration!

I LOVE EB and don't want one loss to keep me from great service in the future.
Do you have a list of who you sent items to? I would love to compare lists if you wanna pm! I can share what I have seen and also info on who I have gotten pics from mult times this year
Old 07-20-2011, 07:41

Savannah!
Photos returned within a week. A few images for each item. All modeled the way I needed them. The two shown are just a couple to show her pretty face. Photo quality was amazing.. sometimes it's wonked up when we post here so thought i'd mention

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4520funny.jpg (23.0 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4517s.jpg (23.6 KB, 63 views)

Last edited by knottyspoolgirl; 07-20-2011 at 07:44.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:58

I've been working with EB for almost a year now. Here's my very best advice. Go to their FB and look in the photos sections. Check out the three latest albums, #18, 19, and 20. Find pictures that you like and ages that you need.
The model's names will be under the pictures. Request those girls. You've already seen their picture quality so there won't be any surprises.

Your other option is to use one of the photographers that work through Ellie Beans. You won't have a clue what the child looks like but these are all professional photographers who will use your stuff on their next shoot.

You cannot go by the comp cards! All or most of them are professional, the pictures you get back won't necessarily be.

Overall, you should have a great experience!
Old 07-21-2011, 01:15

Quote:
You've already seen their picture quality so there won't be any surprises
Usually

There are a few that swap photographers who have a completely different style so you could always ask to be sure that you get the same photog.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by knottyspoolgirl View Post
Usually

There are a few that swap photographers who have a completely different style so you could always ask to be sure that you get the same photog.

Really? I guess I was referring to the ones whose moms photograph them or who always use the same photographer.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:21

Ok so I am now hearing that they are charging a fee because they switched owners. I have to say I am a bit irritated by this whole transaction. I find it seriously rude that boutiques that supported this page did not even get the common courtesy of a email explaining anything at all about this. I have been pretty loyal to this agency and I find what they are doing to be pretty rude. Honestly Book a face never seemed to be that great and if this is the service I can see why.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:27

You know, the whole modeling this has been one huge frustration! For every package I sent out, less than half the time was I thrilled with the pictures.
I honestly think the best thing to do is find a great photographer, a busy photgrapher, who you can work with one on one, all the time.
I'm in the process of doing just that. Some of my best pics. have been photographers who bought my items and surprised me with pictures I didn't even know were coming. In some instances, I didn't even know they were photographers until I got pics. back!
I'm so done with any of these agencies! Not just the agencies, but other photographers making huge promises, showing their best work, then disappointing.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmom8497 View Post
You know, the whole modeling this has been one huge frustration! For every package I sent out, less than half the time was I thrilled with the pictures.
I honestly think the best thing to do is find a great photographer, a busy photgrapher, who you can work with one on one, all the time.
I'm in the process of doing just that. Some of my best pics. have been photographers who bought my items and surprised me with pictures I didn't even know were coming. In some instances, I didn't even know they were photographers until I got pics. back!
I'm so done with any of these agencies! Not just the agencies, but other photographers making huge promises, showing their best work, then disappointing.
I agree!!! I have one more package that I need to send out and then I'm done with the agencies too. I was thinking of taking some basic photog classes myself at least it'll be an investment for me and not give away my hard earn money away.. idk..
Old 08-30-2011, 01:22

I have several friends around that are photographers, or expiring to be a photographer, lol. They have been great to work with. We usually just put the word out among our friends or people one of us knows. We always have enough model. I bring the stuff, and I get it back that day. My friend gets to practice, the moms and girls get great fun pics. I have sold some, at the shoots as well. I have used these photos on facebook and sold items. It's been a lot better for me then sending my items for free. With that said though, the two packages I did send off went well. One mom bought from a sale I was having, some legwarmers. I offered/asked to send some matching bows, and she photographed them for me. So i wasn't out completely. Anyway just some thoughts on alternative options.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies