Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 04-07-2011, 01:18

Default Re: I hope I don't....

i took a class at my community college a few years ago to learn the basics of fstop and all the other terms that are completely escaping my head right at the moment. it helped alot at the time, but i haven't used it in a while, so i've forgotten alot. i have fibromyalgia and between that and some meds, my mind gets pretty foggy so i forget alot. i think i will peruse the pioneer woman site. anyway, my long winded point is, get the better camera and go to your community college and take a course. well worth the few dollars invested.
Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2011, 01:46

You can do it in the camera or photo editing. I prefer Corel's Paint Shop Pro over photoshop for editing. To me it's easier to understand and use. If you are going to get into serious photography then you might want PS.

Wife to Rod and Momma to Tyreque, Ladaria, Raquel, Brayana, Destini, Jaleel, Makkiah, Taniyah and Cavelle along with my angel in heaven Angie and 85 foster kids who have left imprints on my heart
All Ribboned Out Remember Me Pillows to Remember your loved one whose far away
Old 04-07-2011, 01:46

Here are some pictures my husband took of my sister while messing with the camera. No idea of the settings he used, but it blurred the backgrounds.

Krista
Attached Images
File Type: jpg resize.jpg (51.5 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg resize2.jpg (34.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg resize3.jpg (39.5 KB, 27 views)
Old 04-07-2011, 02:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by khofkamp View Post
Here are some pictures my husband took of my sister while messing with the camera. No idea of the settings he used, but it blurred the backgrounds.

Krista
That's your sister????? Is your mom crazy??? I mean that in the nicest way. I could never space my kids that far apart. My mom had a 14 year gap total and I thought that was a lot!

Want to know what all the fuss is about? Join Bownanas on facebook. 1,300 members and growing!

I'll let you sleep with my husband before I give you my supplier information, so don't ask.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:36

LOL! I have sister's older than my mom. Figure that one out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowMamaof4 View Post
That's your sister????? Is your mom crazy??? I mean that in the nicest way. I could never space my kids that far apart. My mom had a 14 year gap total and I thought that was a lot!
Old 04-07-2011, 03:50

Quote:
HAHA! She is adopted. My mom did foster care, and adopted a sibling group of 3. She is the youngest but they were 3 months, 15 months, and 3 years (almost to the day) when she first got them. I think she is done now she did emergency and respite care for a while after she adopted them, but the older two have so many behavioral problems and the middle one who is now 6 years old has been kicked out of school.... that takes some skill if you ask me!

She is actually 6 months younger than my son so it is funny when she tells people that DS is her "nephew"

Krista
Old 04-08-2011, 12:25

I have a Canon and my macro lense blurs the background to a certain extent.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:37

Quote:

My husband is 37 and he's about to have a baby sister...He'll be 38 by the time she's born!! AFter that, his youngest brother is 13.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste1977 View Post
You can do it in the camera or photo editing. I prefer Corel's Paint Shop Pro over photoshop for editing. To me it's easier to understand and use. If you are going to get into serious photography then you might want PS.

I like Paint Shop Pro too I started with paint.net (which I enjoyed), but I found ps pro on amazon for like $29, and it does nice frames and helps me whiten my photos more easily. It also does a nice job with making my photos black and white with just a bit of color.

I think it's a smart investment for people who want to photo edit, but don't want to go crazy with the money that photoshop can cost .
Old 04-08-2011, 04:21

couldnt have said it better myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardson42 View Post
this.

The lower the f stop on your camera, the more blurred the background will appear. You are not going to get this on a point and shoot. If you have an slr, put your camera in manual mode and dial your f-stop down as low as it will go. You can also put it on the "A" setting and your camera will adjust your shutter speed for the f-stop you choose. Also if you have a nikon, get the 50mm 1.8 lens. It is only 100ish dollars and will give you the best results for the money. If you are working with a point and shoot, just make your subject really far away from the background and you can achieve similar results.
Sponsored Links