http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-50yd-grosgrain-animal-print-combo-103114.jpg
New product--1' circle punch/paper shaper for bottle cap picture
New products--Ribbon wrapped 50mm snap clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/120pc-2.5-korker-assorted-.JPG

turtle embellishments--ribbon sculpture

skull rockabilly grosgrain ribbon

braided headband base

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 04-07-2011, 11:43
Super Moderator

Default Re: I hope I don't....

My camera does that. I don't know how but it does.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 04-07-2011, 12:07

my canon rebel does it if i use the portrait setting. it makes the background more blurry than the subject. it's also doable in PS, magic wand and gaussian blur it, mask it, layers etc
Fold Over Elastic, Shabby Flowers and so much MORE

Private Facebook Group ~ HERE
Buy direct! www.finernecessities.com
Click Here to Visit Our Etsy Shop

Website design starting at $40! PM for info
~Mommy to 5 in my arms and 2 in Jesus' arms~

Old 04-07-2011, 12:13

I don't have any fancy shmancy special camera. lol Just a Nikon Coolpix L110. So I doubt mine does it. I do have a portrait mode, I will try that.

As for the PS I have no idea what any of that means. lmao. I am lost with that stuff.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealove4 View Post
I don't have any fancy shmancy special camera. lol Just a Nikon Coolpix L110. So I doubt mine does it. I do have a portrait mode, I will try that.

As for the PS I have no idea what any of that means. lmao. I am lost with that stuff.

Read here:

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/pictu...ure-bokeh.html

It's called bokeh.

Want to know what all the fuss is about? Join Bownanas on facebook. 1,300 members and growing!

I'll let you sleep with my husband before I give you my supplier information, so don't ask.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowMamaof4 View Post
this.

The lower the f stop on your camera, the more blurred the background will appear. You are not going to get this on a point and shoot. If you have an slr, put your camera in manual mode and dial your f-stop down as low as it will go. You can also put it on the "A" setting and your camera will adjust your shutter speed for the f-stop you choose. Also if you have a nikon, get the 50mm 1.8 lens. It is only 100ish dollars and will give you the best results for the money. If you are working with a point and shoot, just make your subject really far away from the background and you can achieve similar results.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:44

Hey girlie....it has to do with your aperture I'm not familiar if a point and shoot can do this feature but when I bought my DSLR this sight helped me out a TON!!! http://thepioneerwoman.com/photograp...ture-part-one/ She has the perfect way of explaining things to a dummy like me! LOL
Old 04-07-2011, 12:52

I use piknik. It has the blur feature
Old 04-07-2011, 12:52

I think I need to invest in something better than a point and shoot. I am so intimidated by those fancy top dollar cameras. The Nikon was a big step up for me and I am starting to learn things about it but obviously it still isn't giving me the quality I would like to have. I know that takes a lot of extra stuff, better camera, and of course skill. Which I don't have when it comes to photog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaikai View Post
Hey girlie....it has to do with your aperture I'm not familiar if a point and shoot can do this feature but when I bought my DSLR this sight helped me out a TON!!! http://thepioneerwoman.com/photograp...ture-part-one/ She has the perfect way of explaining things to a dummy like me! LOL
Old 04-07-2011, 01:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealove4 View Post
I think I need to invest in something better than a point and shoot. I am so intimidated by those fancy top dollar cameras. The Nikon was a big step up for me and I am starting to learn things about it but obviously it still isn't giving me the quality I would like to have. I know that takes a lot of extra stuff, better camera, and of course skill. Which I don't have when it comes to photog.
Hubby bought me a Nikon D80 about 3 years ago and talk about INTIMIDATION!!!! However, I bought the book "Understanding Exposure" which is AWESOME and highly recommended by several experts AND I went to Pioneer Woman a ton! Between those two and good ole live and learn experience I've learned enough to take my camera off auto! LOL Buying a better camera is absolutely one of the best investments for my business that I've made. You can usually find pretty good package deals at Costco and other places around $600 for a smoking Nikon or Cannon. BTW....I'm an idiot when it comes to learning and have the biggest case of adult ADHD on the planet so if I can learn to use one of these babies....anyone can
Old 04-07-2011, 01:15

I have a rebal and it has that feature. Its the portrait one, the background is blurry, its nice because it makes the face really stand out.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies