Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 03-24-2011, 04:57

Default Help with my pics please!

Ok ladies my hubby finally made me a light box and I was so stoked to use it BUT after taking some pics I get this shadow. I was only using lights on each side so got one to use over the top, I think it helped but I still get the shadow. Any ideas on what I could do? Could it be the flowers causing the shadow? I know pics are best taken outside but I get lots of wind out here so that doesn't work for me. I'm gonna attach the pics so you can see what I mean. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

The first one is edited, the second one is is not both were taken with no flash.
Third one is edited, fourth is not both taken with flash.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg purple hb no flash resized.jpg (43.3 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg purple hb no flash unedited resized.jpg (44.3 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg purple hb wflash resized.jpg (47.3 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg purple hb wflash unedited resized.jpg (47.0 KB, 69 views)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2011, 05:16

Default Re: Help with my pics please!

I must be blind because I think they all look great and pretty much the same... AND I don't notice a shadow.. at least not anymore then normal.. under the flower on the face, is that what you're talking about? I think the pics are great either way.

The headband is beautiful as well!
Old 03-24-2011, 05:36

Yes, that is what I am talking about and thanks so much for your sweet comments. Maybe I'm over analyzing, I just want them to look good enough that people just HAVE to have it, LOL.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:43

I think I have to agree....they all look great, but #3 is my favorite. Can I ask how you did your floor and backdrop? I love it!
Old 03-24-2011, 06:56

Make sure you're using white lights..... and i'm not sure what your light box looks like, but part of what darkens it, is the fact that you're not dealing with all white, the black in the background soaks up some of the light and therefore you're not going to get quite as bright of a shot....

if you have an editing program you can adjust the brightness and contrast to be more suitable to where you would like the photo to be color wise....
Old 03-24-2011, 10:13

Thanks ladies for your input. The 3rd pic has the overhead lighting in a different spot, so will be sure to leave it there.

As for lighting they are daylight bulbs 5000k as suggested in another thread. Thanks for the info on the background as I did not know that. I will try a lighter one. I do not have an editing program, I am currently using picnik online.

As for the wall and floor it is scrapbook paper. Thanks to my fellow hipgirls for sharing that tip! For added stability I taped it down to foam board and had a piece of trim cut down to 13" at Home Depot.

Thanks again!
Old 03-24-2011, 10:27

I am no help at all with the photography...I take the worst pictures ever all the time. I just wanted to say that I love the flowers on the headband, its beautiful.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosweetbydesign View Post
I am no help at all with the photography...I take the worst pictures ever all the time. I just wanted to say that I love the flowers on the headband, its beautiful.
Aww, thanks dear.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:30

I have been searching for the thread on how to make the back drop and for the life of me I can't find it. Can someone please point me in the right direction????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnbr View Post
Thanks ladies for your input. The 3rd pic has the overhead lighting in a different spot, so will be sure to leave it there.

As for lighting they are daylight bulbs 5000k as suggested in another thread. Thanks for the info on the background as I did not know that. I will try a lighter one. I do not have an editing program, I am currently using picnik online.

As for the wall and floor it is scrapbook paper. Thanks to my fellow hipgirls for sharing that tip! For added stability I taped it down to foam board and had a piece of trim cut down to 13" at Home Depot.

Thanks again!
Old 03-25-2011, 01:02

you can adjust the lighting using picnik hun....

under the edit tab there is a button that says exposure... you can edit it that way, or you can hit autofix...

its not quite as effective as regular editing programs, but it does help....
Sponsored Links