Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/ribbon-korker-hair-bow-clip-instructions-sm.jpg
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/bee/bumble%20bee%20sm.jpg

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/rainbow-ribbon-dragonfly-hair-clips-free-tutorial/dragonfly-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 03-13-2011, 04:45

Default Questions for ya'll! :)

Hi beauties!

I am pretty new to the business aspect of the bow-making industry and was curious about those of you who have traded with a photographer/models for products.

The hair accessories that I make are not all the same... every single one is different. So if I did do a trade, then I would not even have the product to sell once I have the picture of it! I guess this is sort of a stupid question because technically I could create the same/a similar accessory, but I have a lot of variety with my supplies, so I'd probably only be able to make literally ONE replica. (Also, with tutus, I order the tulle online, so should I just order double of everything I plan on using?)

What do you all usually do? Do you think I am not being smart business-wise by creating something completely new/different every time I make something? I like being able to be creative, so sticking to only a few styles is just not appealing to me! But, I don't know if I'm making a mistake...

Anyway, I'm basically just wondering what everyone does and if anyone has any advice for me! Anything you know or any tips you have are much appreciated as I'm new to this

TIA!

oh PS- I attached photos of some of the stuff I make so you get what I mean about it being sort of difficult to re-create...

PSS (hehe)- I have a local photographer who is going to do photos for me, but if anyone on HG is a photographer with cute models that like my hair stuff then please get in touch with me!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 014.jpg (46.3 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (50.4 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 011 picnik.jpg (52.2 KB, 34 views)
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:48

Smile Re: Questions for ya'll! :)

I think you have beautiful items!I am a Photographer and have done some of the product for photos-
I love seeing all the unique styles people have.I have a 7,9 yr old available to model and I could do the photographs and return within days. Message if you are interested.

And as far as doing different styles,that is what a lot of people look for.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:56

Default Re: Questions for ya'll! :)

I do the same thing and have issues sometimes when i sell things on esty or facebook i have to scramble to find more of the same thing and try to replicate it so i am interested in the answers to, and im also looking for a photographer lol i have one locally that i will be using soon but im not sure how well it will turn out they want 150 dollars worth of product for 1hr. so hopefully i can get in as much as i can and make it worth it
Old 03-13-2011, 05:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessmakowski View Post
I do the same thing and have issues sometimes when i sell things on esty or facebook i have to scramble to find more of the same thing and try to replicate it so i am interested in the answers to, and im also looking for a photographer lol i have one locally that i will be using soon but im not sure how well it will turn out they want 150 dollars worth of product for 1hr. so hopefully i can get in as much as i can and make it worth it
That is ridiculous...
Old 03-13-2011, 05:09

WOW-$150 product for an hour? I let me kids model the product and sometimes if the Boutique includes the return shipping label I send items back with the photos for the Boutique to use.

I figure win win-
Old 03-13-2011, 05:11

But as far as being able to re-create,that means they all have unique creations which Id say most would like-show :Examples of your work.And always attach your product may appear fuller,or some what different than this one(so they know)
Old 03-13-2011, 05:12

Using professional modeled images of your products, is only to give an idea of what the product looks like on a child. Considering you don't duplicate much, your best option is to get modeled photos of a few items that you do similar styles of without matching them exactly, you should do a modeled photo, and explain that each piece is unique. You can either post a picture of the material you have available so that they may choose from your current stock, or you can give them the option or choosing their own colors. If they want specific colors to do a M2M object, ask them for a photo so you can get the colors right for sure.

When it comes to tutus, the idea is the same... do a few modeled and post a picture of the tulle colors you have available, or do a list so that they may choose. Perhaps give them the option of choosing what colors they want under the understanding that if you don't have it in stock it will take a little extra time to order it.

Very few boutiques make items that match exactly every time. And there are tons of ribbon options and colors and patterns nowadays. Professional modeled photos just really help sell the item in a lot of cases.

I modeled a dress for OneTwoThree Shop and as soon as she posted the photo she had a half dozen orders that day, and didn't have any when she posted a picture of the dress alone...

The same with a M2M bow for the MudPie Wild Child Giraffe set... she posted a photo of the bow she made for me and everyone said how cute it was. But she posted a modeled photo of it, and was instantly slammed with comments about how they had to have one, how much it was, etc...

Everybody's looking for something a little different, the photos give an idea of style, size, shape, color combos, etc... not exact product in most cases...

I would love to model items for you if you're ever interested just send me an email

[email protected]
Old 03-13-2011, 05:16

What about doing like 6 of the same product? Send 1 to the photographer, then have 5 available for sell (or even less). That way your items can still be unique, but you can also have them photographed on models and still have some in inventory.

Sorry...I just noticed you said you can literally only make one due to the variety of your products. I think if you list the items saying they are custom made, and the style will be similar but the product different you would be good...it's hard to say though!

Last edited by [email protected]; 03-13-2011 at 05:23.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:37

glad to know im not the only one who was a bit shocked i am pretty new to all this i thought they could just keep the stuff they photographed then they said we should just do it in dollar terms i will do this one with them because my friend will be getting some free newborn pics out of the deal since her daughter will be the model but i guess i really should look into a different photog
Old 03-13-2011, 05:44

I was thinking $150 was pretty steep too- the local photographer I'm using takes photos as a hobby so he's not charging me at all. I'd definitely look into some other photographers!

And thanks everyone with the help/responses. I am really not too limited on my supplies.. but I think it's just me being selfish because I feel like I might get bored making more than one of the same exact thing! lol. But, I could probably sacrifice a little bit and create some duplicate items!!

And thanks to the photographers who responded, too. I will PM you! Anyone else interested in trading let me know! I am so thankful for this forum- what an amazing way to get in touch with wonderful photographers and other creative bow-makers!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif

Tags
photo help, photographer, trade for products